Whatcha Eatin?

I'm going to have some af pumpkin burgers (Lidl) with a warm potato & courgette salad/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Plums.
Tequila flavoured shandy.

I'm taking my lunch downstairs and will stay at my pal's this afternoon.

I had a Chocolate-Caramel-Peanut Butter Soy Latte this morning and just finished a breakfast sandwich made with sourdough rye, Gardein Spicy Breakfast Patty, Daiya Cheddar, Just Egg, all done up in my new sandwich maker into 2 pocket sandwiches.

Reactions: Emma JC
Gardein Beefless Tips in veggie broth gravy, mashed potatoes with red cabbage, and baby carrots, buttered. I tried to put a brave face on for hubby about those beefless tips but he took one bite and said nope. So I threw mine out too. Not good. Hard pass on those. They did smell good before cooking but didn't taste good at all and didn't like the texture either.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Gardein Beefless Tips in veggie broth gravy, mashed potatoes with red cabbage, and baby carrots, buttered. I tried to put a brave face on for hubby about those beefless tips but he took one bite and said nope. So I threw mine out too. Not good. Hard pass on those. They did smell good before cooking but didn't taste good at all and didn't like the texture either.

Oh what a shame as you could have salvaged the tips by making either a cottage pie or pasties. We don't get them over here but I have made them in the past when I was in the US and really liked them. If I rightly remember I made a stir fry with them. I think the problem is that they
are related to beef and they don't take anything like the latter.

Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
Tofu bake with a salad/gem lettuce, Greek black olives tomatoes from the farm/avocados/cucumbers/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Blueberries & Alpro soya yogurt/stevia
Tequila flavoured shandy.

Oh what a shame as you could have salvaged the tips by making either a cottage pie or pasties. We don't get them over here but I have made them in the past when I was in the US and really liked them. If I rightly remember I made a stir fry with them. I think the problem is that they
are related to beef and they don't take anything like the latter.
I don't think it was the taste as much as the texture, very pasty, no push back on the teeth. But you're right, I did think later I should have let them cool off and I may have used them for something cold such as a sandwich. But I wasn't fishing them out of the compost! :D

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
A Salted English Toffee Soy Latte. Steel cut oats with maple syrup. 2 Gardein Spicy Breakfast Patties.
For lunch I'll have some black beans with shredded carrots and halved grape tomatoes, dressed with mayo and Sweet Onion Vinaigrette.

It's our anniversary today so I think it will be a good time to try out the A&W Beyond Chicken Nuggets and some fries for supper.
I said to hubby we need to order takeout for our anniversary. In an interested tone he said Really? Then I said I wanted the Beyond Chicken Nuggets and he rolled his eyes. He hollered I'm having a hamburger. I said sure, I'm not telling you what to get for your order. But stick those eyes back in your head, they're rolling right out of there. LOL:rolleyes:

• Friendly

Happy Anniversary!

I do like the Beefless tips also but do not put them in gravy or sauce without first giving them a bit of browning in the frying pan. I don't have them often but sometimes when I do I also add a bit of sweet chili sauce or something like that to the pan as I am browning them. The browning adds just a bit of a bite resistance.

We are having are beans on toast with Just Egg patties, toast and maybe a hash brown.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: EllieW
Happy Anniversary!

I do like the Beefless tips also but do not put them in gravy or sauce without first giving them a bit of browning in the frying pan. I don't have them often but sometimes when I do I also add a bit of sweet chili sauce or something like that to the pan as I am browning them. The browning adds just a bit of a bite resistance.

We are having are beans on toast with Just Egg patties, toast and maybe a hash brown.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I did brown them up first in some oil, then I just put gravy over top on the plate. Not for me, unfortunately. Hubby's off to get my Beyond Nuggets at A&W right now. And some fries, I love their fries. My stomach is rumbling in anticipation. LOL

I had leftover pizza for breakfast too. It had Quorn, pineapple and sweetcorn on it. I also had some protein water and I'm about to have a cup of green tea.

• Love