Whatcha Eatin?

thank you for the encouragement about the air fryer - there are so many nights (while it is still so hot) that I just don't wish to turn on the oven and if we had one of those it would make those decisions much easier - just running out of counter space so it is a tough decision

I think it is a banana on pb toast with jam day.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Since we moved to a ranch style house, I have a little more space. Not a lot though. We went from under 900 square ft to just over 1000. But the set up is better. I don’t have a table in my kitchen because we have a separate dining area. So I purchased a kitchen cart that we have the air fryer and microwave on. I keep nothing on the kitchen countertops because the workspace is choppy…not ideal. Then I have a small cabinet in the dining area where I have a toaster, food processor and nutribullet.

Unfortunately for me, I can’t keep items in a cabinet because I usually can’t be bothered taking them out and putting them away. Having them readily accessible is working out great because I’m doing more baking and cooking.
I ended up making coleslaw with the cabbage that I got instead of lettuce. I used the food processor to shred the cabbage. It was so good that I’m going to get more cabbage in my next order lol.

Since we moved to a ranch style house, I have a little more space. Not a lot though. We went from under 900 square ft to just over 1000. But the set up is better. I don’t have a table in my kitchen because we have a separate dining area. So I purchased a kitchen cart that we have the air fryer and microwave on. I keep nothing on the kitchen countertops because the workspace is choppy…not ideal. Then I have a small cabinet in the dining area where I have a toaster, food processor and nutribullet.

Unfortunately for me, I can’t keep items in a cabinet because I usually can’t be bothered taking them out and putting them away. Having them readily accessible is working out great because I’m doing more baking and cooking.
I ended up making coleslaw with the cabbage that I got instead of lettuce. I used the food processor to shred the cabbage. It was so good that I’m going to get more cabbage in my next order lol.
I'm exactly the same way. If it's out of sight it's out of mind. So hubby just yesterday finished a long shelf under the kitchen window to hold all of my appliances like my air fryer, my instant pot, fresh express, spiralizer, blender, can opener. With the plug right there and everything plugged in for easy use. My air fryer was sitting on the table till now so it's nice to have the table back. And even though he made me some beautiful cabinets in the kitchen, if I use it regularly I don't want to be bothered dragging them out to a counter to use. All of my everyday washed dishes sit in the dish drainer in the second sink and all of my everyday silverware is in a holder next to the sink. I rarely have to open a drawer. LOL

• Haha
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
@EllieW lol I think we are soul sisters 😁

Although, since the kitchen renovation I have gotten really good with keeping the sink area free and clear. I didn’t used to be that way but this is my first time with a new kitchen and I like how it looks. It’s hard getting husband and son to follow the same rule, however, and nagging is not my style. 😊

I see myself replacing this appliance forever and ever when it breaks down. I use it every day for one thing or another. The basket handle broke at one point and I was able to replace that instead of getting a whole new unit. I’ve had it for about 18 months now.

Same here as I can't live without my air fryer.

@EllieW lol I think we are soul sisters 😁
I thought we were soul sisters? :joy:

We can all be soul sisters on here.

I was talking to a couple the other night who have their friend living in an annexe in their garden and I said it reminded me of The Golden Girls. Thought of KLS, Shyvas and PTree on here.

I think we should all live together in a vegan commune at some point. Lol.

• Love
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and EllieW
I thought we were soul sisters? :joy:

We can all be soul sisters on here.

I was talking to a couple the other night who have their friend living in an annexe in their garden and I said it reminded me of The Golden Girls. Thought of KLS, Shyvas and PTree on here.

I think we should all live together in a vegan commune at some point. Lol.
Lol! 😂 Of course we are! My dream is to live together with my veggie friends. It would seriously be amazing! I love the idea of a vegan commune. 😍

Air fried, marinated spicy tofu with a quinoa/avocado/grated carrot salad/ chick peas/gem lettuce/red roasted peppers/vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Coconut yogurt/stevia.

I had a lavish lunch at a friend's yesterday. We had bagels with pb cream cheese with chives, mock tuna and lettuce.
Caponata plus fresh basil with granary toast drizzled with evo.
Fruit salad and some pb chocolate biscuits.
Chardonnay.

I'm having a salted peanut butter latte with soy milk. In a minute I'm making a breakfast sandwich with sourdough rye, a spicy Gardein breakfast patty, Violife cheddar shreds and Just Egg. Toast that up and melt the cheez. MMMMM I think my air fryer will do the job rather than my convection oven this time. Mac and Cheez for lunch.

It's funny but the Breakfast Sandwich I made tastes much better than the ones I used to make with eggs and bacon. Or the ones from you-know-where. I used to ask them to leave off the egg as I don't like eggs much. But I like the Just Egg, even though it tastes like an egg, in some ways it doesn't but much better!

Reactions: Raven and Emma JC
I made a pot of marinara sauce so I’m being bad and I’m dipping a buttered roll in some of the freshly made sauce. I hope I’m not sorry later.

It's funny but the Breakfast Sandwich I made tastes much better than the ones I used to make with eggs and bacon. Or the ones from you-know-where. I used to ask them to leave off the egg as I don't like eggs much. But I like the Just Egg, even though it tastes like an egg, in some ways it doesn't but much better!
I never liked eggs but I do like some of the egg substitutes too. :heart_eyes: I liked vegan mayo but was never a fan of eggy mayo either.
I made a pot of marinara sauce so I’m being bad and I’m dipping a buttered roll in some of the freshly made sauce. I hope I’m not sorry later.
Be careful!

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieW and KLS52
For breakfast an English Toffee latte with soy milk, a toasted tomato sandwich on sourdough rye. For lunch, chili mac and country biscuits. A square of dark chocolate with peanut butter on it for dessert.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52