baked beans vitmin d c and multivits...bread...potatos.

water is not something i woul stock it seems available

toilet paper ....use a shower...not essential

beans shelf life of baked beans is 2 years i read

oh and vegan dog and cat supplement powders and food

shelf life of those ... 9 months.

ps the state of BAKED BEANS shelves however in tesco supermarket broughton chester yesterdaylolbaked beans.jpgfruit kids.jpgbaked beans.jpgfruit kids.jpg

Last edited:
How many times have I said I was done....

So today I went out for one particular reason and then shopped some along the way as our Province has now declared a state of emergency and so I would like to not go out anymore for a while.

I wanted to pick up some of the vitamin C powder we like to use right now as it has zinc and other minerals in it.

I did buy some other staples, repeats mostly, 3 more cans of chick peas.... that would be my horror to run out of chick peas or nutritional yeast and steel cut oats so I picked up more of those today. Another box of 12 pack of noodles etc. Oh and a case of beer for my honey.

There was no TP still, no flour, no frozen berries :bang:

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Emma JC

So, as things have changed, I have basically done what I said I'd do - stocked up on dried bean soup mix, which is what I'm making right now. I did also grab some paper towels I managed to find in case I run out of TP... My first thought would never in a million years have been to hoard TP but all the other crazy people were and what if I ran out? I plan on combating that potentiality with a "travel bidet" - you know, one of those squeeze bottle things - that I ordered from Amazon. A pack of 2 - one for me and one for the kid. Not going to install one in the house since I'll be selling it later this year (or so that plan currently is!... I'm not counting on anything these days...)

I’m so mad that I didn’t get flour and yeast! There’s none to be had, now. I ended up buying some soy flour and cornmeal though. And pancake mix, extra oatmeal. Trying to think outside of the box. In the event this blows over quickly *fingers crossed* I can always donate what I don’t think I’ll use.

Actually, I just remembered that I have a ton of different flours from when I was going to do the AIP diet. I just had them packed up and sent to daughters for storage with our other household items. So worse case scenario we make a trip up there and grab some groceries. Although she won’t allow me in her house until after the 28 of March because that’s when they are driving to pick up the new puppy, lol. She doesn’t want anyone getting sick and ruining them being able to go. :dog:

:fp: I went out again today and proud that I stayed home for 3 days, well 2 full days.

All was calm, people were friendly and keeping their distance. The stores had plenty of food, especially fresh produce and there was even flour available with a limit of one. I bought some of what we had already eaten and found a 10 lb bag of onions for 5$, we eat a lot of onion and garlic, so picked up a few more garlic too. Managed to buy some wakame from a local restaurant (take out only now) as no one has been carrying it for weeks. I stopped in a week or so ago and they only had a small amount and they gave me a bit for free, today they gave me half of a huge bag for only 15$ so I am grateful for that.

Bananas, oranges, arugula, grapefruit, mushrooms, capers, dry mustard, 2 cans chick peas, bag of chips, two bags of Mesa cereal as they were on sale, 3 containers of oat milk, one bag puffed kamut for snacking, red onion. Some wine and scotch.

Lottery tickets.

I believe I can stay home now for a long time. Longer than 3 days.

Most of the people I saw shopping were older that I am and it was frustrating not to be able to offer to help them with their heavy bags etc.

All of my family is now safely in their homes with two of my siblings and their spouses under self-isolation as they were in the USA. All well so far.

Emma JC

Edit: the main reason I went out was to try to find some more frozen berries and although they did not have any of my usual mixed berries I was able to buy a 4 lb bag of wild Canadian blueberries so that made me very happy.

Last edited:
I’m so excited that the flour I bought which was labeled “wheat” flour, was actually white. I don’t recall white flour being called wheat flour although I might be confusing it with “whole wheat” flour. I’m pretty sure it used to simply say white flour, either bleached or unbleached. All I need to find now is some yeast. I found two packages in my refrigerator that are dated September 2019. I guess I could try and “proof” it first to make sure it’s not dead, before I use it in a recipe. I don’t even want to go out anymore at this point. I may just forget about it and use the flour for fun stuff like cakes, cookies, muffins and pita bread.

Last edited:
I'm glad i have stocked up on tooth powder(!):clp: (don't be surprised: i loathe tooth paste and use tooth powder only). And finding it these days is not an easy task: while there are literally hundreds of tooth paste varieties,- there are only 2-3 varieties of tooth powder available. But the fact is that even in NORMAL life they are available so rarely, that i (or mom) have to run around the town in order to obtain a few boxes.
I told mom to try and stock up on some canned veggies (even if it's canned peas or corn, or any preserved veggies, like green beans or beets). Some of them are affordable, some - are not. But we'll (read: i'll) need to do it in case of a total "siege", and if fresh veggies are not available. Sometimes, there are mixed canned veggies (like salads), so i'm seriously thinking of buying (any) cans (though i prefer raw veggies in normal life).

I'm glad i have stocked up on tooth powder(!):clp: (don't be surprised: i loathe tooth paste and use tooth powder only). And finding it these days is not an easy task: while there are literally hundreds of tooth paste varieties,- there are only 2-3 varieties of tooth powder available. But the fact is that even in NORMAL life they are available so rarely, that i (or mom) have to run around the town in order to obtain a few boxes.
I told mom to try and stock up on some canned veggies (even if it's canned peas or corn, or any preserved veggies, like green beans or beets). Some of them are affordable, some - are not. But we'll (read: i'll) need to do it in case of a total "siege", and if fresh veggies are not available. Sometimes, there are mixed canned veggies (like salads), so i'm seriously thinking of buying (any) cans (though i prefer raw veggies in normal life).
So glad you brought up the canned veggies! I haven't bought anything canned other than tomatoes and refried beans I wasn't thinking about beets, and I guess the 3 bean salads that are marinated. I looked for canned fruits and only found them in syrup.

Today I stopped at the produce market and got a canteloupe, 4 minneolas, 4 different apples I've never had- ambrosia, evercrisp, can't think of the other two, and beets with good greens, and the cheap strawberries

I remember years back trying tooth powder--it doesn't foam right?
Reminds me I need an electric brush head

I almost never drink alcoholic beverages. Three sips puts me over the edge. :pout: But for some reason, I’ve been craving those three sips, lol. I wish I had bought some alcohol.😁

I wish I had stocked up on toilet roll and cat litter before everyone started going crazy and panic buying!

I have been totally in the house since last, wait there, Tuesday, OMG it hasn't even been a full week indoors.

I am going to go out today for a walk (and keep my distance from people) and then pop into a local shop as they still have lots of stuff in there. Well, they did on Tuesday. I will have to see what it is like now.