What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast: Malt-O-Meal, fresh fruit, plain doughnut, lemon tea. I’m not eating the scrambled eggs and bacon they also gave me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Val
Breakfast: Malt-O-Meal, fresh fruit, plain doughnut, lemon tea. I’m not eating the scrambled eggs and bacon they also gave me. :rolleyes:
Is the staff just forgetful, or are they of the philosophy that you need those things to be healthy and they need to not-so-subtly try to trick you into eating it?

Is the staff just forgetful, or are they of the philosophy that you need those things to be healthy and they need to not-so-subtly try to trick you into eating it?

Right now we are on lockdown because of a flu outbreak. They’re trying to contain it, so we’re not getting our meals in the dining room but delivered to our rooms. For the sake of efficiency, they’re delivering basically the same things to everyone. They’re giving us oatmeal/Cream of Wheat/Malt-O-Meal plus eggs and bacon to everyone every day. I eat whatever is vegetarian, but I don’t eat the eggs because they’re gross and they also put the bacon directly on the eggs so they’re contaminated anyway. This has been going on for over a week now and I don’t know when room delivery for everyone is going to stop. Before this outbreak, I’d just eat cold cereal or whatever else I had in my room. Then I got a cold and I wasn’t leaving my room so I ran out of my own food. I just throw out what I don’t eat. I can’t wait for things to get back to normal.

Ugh, you poor thing. I can imagine everyone must be going stir-crazy. My boyfriend's father is in an assisted living facility and there was a memo sent out recently with hygiene practices to avoid spread of disease. Basically, there was a nasty stomach bug that was rampant in the dementia wing and they were trying to keep it contained there.

Last edited:
Ugh, you poor thing. I can imagine everyone must be going stir-crazy. My boyfriend's father is in an assisted living facility and there was a memo sent our recently with hygiene practices to avoid spread of disease. Basically, there was a nasty stomach bug that was rampant in the dementia wing and they were trying to keep it contained there.

There’s a possibility that this lockdown ends tomorrow and they’ll reopen the dining room, at which point I can get some decent meals again. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Since it’s currently 7:38 a.m. and I don’t expect to have breakfast for another hour and a half, the last thing I ate was a late night snack last night of black licorice.

Last night I had So Delicious Cashew Milk Double Chocolate Truffle non-dairy ice cream. It was amazing!

Reactions: Val
A stir-fry of potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, green beans, garlic, etc.
beet-potato-carrot-peas-cuke salad,
pickles and apple muffins.:lick:

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Kinda blurry... it was late... I drank beers.... :p

Roasted cauliflower/zucchini/onion/pinto bean tacos (corn/lentil shells) with Daiya cheddar shreds, homemade picante sauce, & cilantro. :lick:

MoreVeganTacos.JPG

Reactions: Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.