What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a surprisingly nice company picnic! Vegetarian baked beans, steamed plain corn, salad that was just lettuce and tomato, and - Beyond Burger! It really wasn't cooked well, but being in the front of the line I didn't want to ask for it to be put back- the guy could barely keep up! I was so surprised, I had to ask in advance what would be veg as the woman who plans these things couldn't care less :rolleyes:.
I did tell the guy grilling that they need to be cooked more. The person serving them gave me a lecture on how they just look that way because they have beets :p. Another co worker who's veg never had one before and told me he didn't know what to do because they said it was a veggie burger but looked like raw meat - and it certainly did :eek:
I won't be wanting another any time soon:confused:

Last night I had a Dr. Praeger's mushroom-risotto veggie burger on a whole wheat sandwich slim, with baby spinach, Roma tomato, red onion, my "cheesy" roasted garlicky sauce, and a slice of Daiya provolone... and some crispy tater rounds. So tasty!! :lick:

Sadly, my house was/is incredibly dark, couldn't get a decent shot... but I tried! :rolleyes: Camera, phone, no flash, with flash.... LMAO :fp:

MR-Veg-Burg-1.JPG
MR-Veg-Burg-2.jpg MR-Veg-Burg-3.jpg

Reactions: PTree15
Last night I had a Dr. Praeger's mushroom-risotto veggie burger on a whole wheat sandwich slim, with baby spinach, Roma tomato, red onion, my "cheesy" roasted garlicky sauce, and a slice of Daiya provolone... and some crispy tater rounds. So tasty!! :lick:

Sadly, my house was/is incredibly dark, couldn't get a decent shot... but I tried! :rolleyes: Camera, phone, no flash, with flash.... LMAO :fp:

View attachment 14829
View attachment 14830 View attachment 14831
That's a very nice picture!
I want to know how I've talked myself out of eating fried potatoes but I keep eating everything else :oops:
Gimme your tots :p

I made some not very pleasing 'refried' beans in the Instant Pot, so I mixed them with a can of tomatoes and chili and made cornbread and spread them on it halfway with some Daiya pepperjack. Not bad

Reactions: Val
Gimme your tots :p

I have so many! I'd love to share if I could. And they've got onion (dehydrated) in 'em so they're like teensy, quarter-sized latkes! :D

I know I can't make a habit of these, though... a couple hundred milligrams of sodium for a little over a dozen of 'em, plus oil, plus some kind of preservative(s).... :fp: LOL

Sooo good, though, OMG.... :p

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Could do multi-thread... got pics from last night & tonight... but I'll post 'em all here... tomorrow. :p

Now is time to shut down the internet, play a game, & finally eat some of this "crock o' ****" that's been slow-cookin' for 5 hours. :up:

Last night & the night before....

(mushroom bourguignon)
Bourg1.JPG
Bourg2.JPG
Bourg3.JPG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(doctored-up Daiya pizza)
DaiyaZa1.JPG
DaiyaZa2.JPG
DaiyaZa3.JPG

Reactions: silva
Looks delicious!
All Daiya pizzas have gluten free crusts don't they? Every time I look that's all I see and didn't like it.
I like a lot of things that don't have gluten but am sick of the lumping together of vegan with gluten free. Not a fan of things that try too hard- like pizza crust
Oh yeah, and I guess most mushroom containers are 8 oz, not 6

Looks delicious!
All Daiya pizzas have gluten free crusts don't they? Every time I look that's all I see and didn't like it.
I like a lot of things that don't have gluten but am sick of the lumping together of vegan with gluten free. Not a fan of things that try too hard- like pizza crust
Oh yeah, and I guess most mushroom containers are 8 oz, not 6
I think they might just be trying to play it safe regarding major food allergies (lactose/gluten)....

I think they might just be trying to play it safe regarding major food allergies (lactose/gluten)....
Sure don't see many regular pizzas gluten free- or dairy free.
Funny how dairy is such a more common allergy than real gluten allergens :hmm:

Sure don't see many regular pizzas gluten free- or dairy free.
Funny how dairy is such a more common allergy than real gluten allergens :hmm:
I've known people with severe dairy & gluten allergies, but a lot of this **** is merely "trendy".... :rolleyes:

So many more dairy allergies than true gluten allergies though. Tons of gluten free everything, so few dairy free. Even just a good cheeseless frozen pizza on a regular crust! Trader Joes has such a good roasted veggie pizza without cheese- but they add honey :mad:. They fup up food intentionally it seems. Dark, dairy free chocolate coated things with beetle resin, even cocoa nibs have carmine there!

Just have had supper of veggie-farro soup (with flaxseed flour, salsa and dill); sauerkraut; georgian-style chopped pickled cabbage; pickled jalapeños; dense cranberry drench liquor; chokeberries and cashews.:p

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
a bag of Aldis imitation cheddar quinoa puffs- supposed to be 4 servings :(:oops:
I was so hungry and worked a long day and son wanted to talk. I had making mustard greens and more brown rice to go with the berbere lentils I made yesterday. They were very good :up:So spicy they left me in a sweat, but really flavorful and not the burn your mouth hot like so many Mexican peppers

Made some taco filling yesterday to combine with a frozen Frontera taco bowl... very glad I decided to use up what I had because the frozen thing was pretty pathetic (dry under-cooked rice, rubbery white beans).... Anyhoo, I oven-roasted my leftover produce (red onion, celery, a few garlic cloves) after tossing it with evoo, nooch, Mrs. Dash, ground cumin, chipotle powder, & smoked Spanish paprika.... I made quinoa with a little sautéed red onion, veggie broth & beer, mixed in some baby arugula... nuked the sad little frozen thing, mixed that in... decided my big, ugly pile of mush needed something else so I tossed in a healthy handful of garbanzos. :p I used the yellow corn/red bell pepper shells... added Daiya shreds, more baby arugula, Zima tomatoes, & my jazzed-up homemade ranch (added chipotle, cilantro, smoked paprika)....

9-30-18 Tacos1.JPG
9-30-18 Tacos2.JPG
9-30-18 Tacos3.JPG
9-30-18 Tacos4.JPG
9-30-18 Tacos5.JPG

Reactions: Amy SF
I just ate sooo much.
I rehydrated Soy Curls in a no chik'n, garlic, and hot sauce mix. Half got shaken with corn starch and pan fried, the other half got baked.
A bag of Asian style veggies got wokked with a packet of orange sauce I'd been saving from a kale salad mix
I put 4 russet potates in the Instant Pot for 10 min, then put them in the oven to bake.
I had Aldi cream cheese and Foxpoint seasoning from Penzeys on the potato
I'm so stuffed!
That damn cream cheese is very good on things like potatoes or in sauces!

Reactions: Amy SF
I eat many foods like fruits, vegetables and nuts. I prefer to eat natural and healthy foods to get good hair density and a healthy body.

I am from India, I saw many women are not caring for health and diet. I focused that eat healthy, live healthy.

I saw My neighbour lady, she age 50 years old, she lost hair and got bald. Her family has a genetic issue in hair fall.

I am very shocked she is losing hairs, My family has also hair fall Issue, So I decided to eat healthy live healthy.

Last night I had a whole wheat pita with hummus, baby spinach, Roma tomato, red onion, & homemade falafel.... :lick:

10-28-18 Pita.JPG

Tried some Annie's vegan mac-n-cheese for the first time last night.... Quite salty (duh), but it definitely had the cheddar "stinkiness".... :p

AnnieMac1.JPG
AnnieMac2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.