What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned before that you don't like vegetables on pizza.... I like as many as possible, I've just never made my own crust. This was a failed vegan cheesy biscuit that I thought I'd roll out & see what happened to it as a pizza crust. Another fail. Seeing as how the toppings are already on the other half, I thought I'd see what happened if I put it in the skillet & then the oven. No love lost, however. LOL ;)

You are right. I don't like vegetable pizzas. However, if you do like to add vegetables, add cooked ones and don't overdo the topping. I wouldn't do the skillet oven method because the topping won't cook and you may burn the dough. Anyway, trial and error as they say.;)

You are right. I don't like vegetable pizzas. However, if you do like to add vegetables, add cooked ones and don't overdo the topping. I wouldn't do the skillet oven method because the topping won't cook and you may burn the dough. Anyway, trial and error as they say.;)
I was just going to "toughen" up the crust in the skillet then transfer it to the oven.... but not tonight. I have other plans. :D

Thanks so much for input... still very new at pizza-making... at least from-scratch vegan pizza-making.... ;)

Do you have a preferred dough recipe?? I opt for the lowest sodium possible....

I was just going to "toughen" up the crust in the skillet then transfer it to the oven.... but not tonight. I have other plans. :D

Thanks so much for input... still very new at pizza-making... at least from-scratch vegan pizza-making.... ;)

It's quite a simple dish to make. It's only bread dough with a bit of topping. Just follow some basics and I'm sure that you'll succeed. Go slowly on those vegetables…….. save them to eat as a side with the pizza.

It's quite a simple dish to make. It's only bread dough with a bit of topping. Just follow some basics and I'm sure that you'll succeed. Go slowly on those vegetables…….. save them to eat as a side with the pizza.
Do you have a preferred dough recipe?? I opt for the lowest sodium possible....

I think I added that while you were responding... :rolleyes:

I think I added that while you were responding... :rolleyes:

Yes. It is in the recipe section ; Basics. I always use part whole-wheat or spelt flour plus a blend of other various flours. I also add sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
You can add no or as little salt as you wish. However bread without salt tastes awful.

I have realized that, yes. :yuck: LOL :rolleyes: I'm trying to work through it. This is a continuing journey for me, trial & error is merely a learning process. :)

There are lotsa ways to like pizza!
I make a crust like the one liked, but I still like white flour. I use raw thin sliced onions and bell peppers, raw mushrooms thicker sliced, lots of jarred olives, spinach- all over a thick pasta sauce from a jar. I have a 18 ceramic tile I saved from when I did a floor that I get hot and oiled before putting down the crust, but I've also used a cast iron in the oven. The tile is bigger though

Reactions: Val
Breakfast: Raisin Bran with milk, cut fresh mixed melon, toast with peanut butter. I forgot to ask my sister to get me some kind of plant milk. If she gets me some small juice-box-sized aseptic containers, they don't need to be refrigerated.

We had Fakin' Bacon biscuit sandwiches for a late breakfast this morning. With orange juice.

I had a whole grain toast with margarine, nooch, and black salt. I need to made a nooch spread. That cashew cheees ball with refined coconut oil comes to mind

Breakfast: Two slices of over-toasted toast with my trusty peanut butter added, a cup of Cheerios with milk and banana, and a glass of orange juice.

Just had lemon pancakes and for the first time tried Miyokos butter. I am a HUGE fan!!! This stuff really has more of a light creamy butter taste than Earth Balance and no palm oil or soy. Unfortunately no one around here carries it. I bought mine when traveling. Might just have to order a bunch online lol.

Reactions: Val and Amy SF
Just had a toast with margarine and nooch
I do love my homemade 'buttah' based on Miyokos recipe, but it's so messy and no one uses that much anymore. It goes bad fairly quick in the fridge although it does freeze well.
I still have refined coconut oil so maybe today i'll find some smaller containers.
Could I freeze glass jars with buttah? I've collected those 4 oz jars from Better than Boullion

A handful of red mulberries I picked off a tree on my way to the bus stop. But I JUST missed that bus and had to catch the next one 10 minutes later. Sassafrasserassin...

My mom is a real shopoholic:eek: She bought me 4 pants. And now we are celebrating it in a local restaurant. I ordered baked eggplants, cream of cauliflower soup with fishless filets, and spicey potato wedges:p. The weather's beautiful, and the life is quite good, when my mom is not fighting with meo_O:D

Reactions: Amy SF
I had a Gardein breakfast patty on an Ezekiel English muffin with a half a slice of Chao cheese for breakfast. And two cups of coffee.

Reactions: Val and Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.