What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
REVIVAL! :D

I made sort of a pesto-pita-pizza for Jer earlier... One of those what-can-I-throw-together kind of things. I brought the homemade pesto over, let him have a whiff (he asked to smell it four more times), knew I had four pita bread triangles, as well as the Go Veggie shreds I bought earlier.... I basted both sides of each pita piece with the excess pesto oil, let that bake just a bit in the toaster oven, the gorgeous green pesto oil soaked into the pita & helped to crisp, then I added actual pesto, smeared the tops, then topped that with a bit of "cheese"....

PestoPitaPizza.jpg
I had one piece.... OMFG :drool:

My din-din last night....

Din-din.jpg

Sautéed vegetables & Go Veggie mozzarella-style shreds on a whole grain sandwich thin spread with homemade roasted red pepper/walnut dip, some unsalted kettle chips with a side of dip, and a glass of Chardonnay.

small bowl of uncooked sugar snap peas (why cook them? that snap is wonderful)
weary slice & heel of an Italian loaf with peanut butter
5 small thinking about shriveling cherry tomatoes
glass of sugarless tonic water (no gin)

Today we had a lunch meeting at work, with green salad (no cheese in it!) and some vegan salad dressing options, I had raspberry vinaigrette. Two of the pasta options were vegan (!), one spaghetti and red sauce, the other a great cold pasta salad with lots of veggies and beans and olives. The bakery bread was vegan (!), and there was fruit salad for dessert.

I already wrote a thank you email to our department head and cc-ed it to the restaurant that catered it.

Reactions: silva and Amy SF
Today we had a lunch meeting at work, with green salad (no cheese in it!) and some vegan salad dressing options, I had raspberry vinaigrette. Two of the pasta options were vegan (!), one spaghetti and red sauce, the other a great cold pasta salad with lots of veggies and beans and olives. The bakery bread was vegan (!), and there was fruit salad for dessert.

I already wrote a thank you email to our department head and cc-ed it to the restaurant that catered it.
That's awesome! Sounds like somebody really paid attention & took great consideration.... how refreshing. :)

That's great! For everyone!
My work has used a pizza place that had not only a cheese vegetarian but a vegan flatbread with olive oil and herbs, along with a nice garden salad. We recently had an event with a change to a 'salad' bar. It involved a bowl of lettuce, which was gone by the time I got to it, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and cheese.... and a platter of meat sandwiches. I kid you not!

I had whole grain toast with margarine, black salt and nooch.
I'm now craving marmalade!
I'm gonna mix up a nooch spread as I need to control my breath so it doesn't either blow off, or get inhaled! Know what I mean?

Reactions: teacup
will not be a bother if you are face to face with another noocher ... just like garlic ... ;-o

will not be a bother if you are face to face with another noocher ... just like garlic ... ;-o
I meant blowing the nooch all over myself! Or inhaling it! You know, when you exhale or inhale with a nooch loaded toast

I meant blowing the nooch all over myself! Or inhaling it! You know, when you exhale or inhale with a nooch loaded toast
Well, consider this... if you HAVE to inhale any sort of particulate, nooch is probably one of the best for you. LOL :p

I had initially wanted to grab an Amy's frozen meal at Kroger yesterday (my fave broccoli-cheddar rice-pasta bake was back in stock), but I didn't have quite enough cash with me... and I was already miffed that they only had Heineken Light (yick).... then I opted to create my own (cheaper) dish, so I grabbed a box of Annie's organic shells & white cheddar (ALSO rennet-free) and one broccoli crown. I didn't use butter or margarine, only put a little coconut oil in the pasta water... about halfway through the boil time I added my broccoli florets... once drained I added everything to a baking dish and stirred in about a half-cup of the leftover carton of Imagine Creamy Broccoli Soup (organic, vegan, etc.) instead of milk....

Wow, do I need do that more often! YUM!! :lick: And I made twice as much for half the price! :D

53678FC9-AA01-5149-472C-B809D1955D1F-9500.jpeg + 54842331-7C2F-2C7F-4154-8A32679F9D4B-8667.jpeg+
54D91153-ED54-43BF-406B-BCA239F4973F-5397.jpeg +4EC387C8-24E6-F228-4AB3-BF3CB13CFA5D.jpeg = yummySmiley.jpg

Obviously, I'd prefer to do up a huge dish of this mostly from scratch (preferably vegan and with drastically less sodium :confused:), but in a tight bind, that all worked out great! :)

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I was putting the leftover supper chili in the fridge (going to doctor it up a bit for its final supper table spot in a day or so) when I spotted a jar of olives with only THREE left in the jar ... the jar is now ready to be washed ...

Reactions: ledboots
Last night I had half a vegan take-out pizza (roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, & spinach)... and I topped it with baby arugula, two sliced Campari tomatoes, basil, & nooch. :lick: And I'll enjoy the same tonight. :)

Half-a-Za.jpg

Had one of my crescent dough cups at Jer's earlier (brought 4, ate one, 3 for him).... OMFG, it was SOOO nummy!! :drool:
Granted, the filling was indeed sloppier than the last two batches, but who the hell cares?!! LMAO! Effing YUM! :D

We have been a way for a bit, got in late last night so the last thing I ate before typing this was oatmeal with Rice Dream & defrosted raspberries from the freezer ... also two espressos ....

A steak. All fat and juicy with it's beef sweat. Mmmmm

Ugh some days I wish, I joke but at the same time you really find this stuff as almost addictive the way it stimulates our pleasure response. Nooo my last meal was a simple salad with way more hot peppers than probably good for me and walnuts and slightly baked enough pear to make it softer. Vinegar and olive oil with Italian season dressing. It's not bad, it sounded odd at first but they worked together

Status
Not open for further replies.