What Was The Last Thing You Ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I had Zitoon Mediterranean take-out (a little of the vegetarian platter)... filled the pita with hummus, tabouli, a stuffed grape leaf, a crumbled falafel, a few pieces of lettuce, a couple slices of tomato, and a small drizzle of their garlicky dressing. Good stuff! :)

Last edited:
IMG_2023.jpg

I had an amazing vegan steak and cheese hand pie at Proper Pie Co. and I took home a slice of strawberry rhubarb for later. What an amazing, cool place! Security Check Required The lemon meringue you can see in the picture was DH's dessert. He ate it there. :p

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Didn't get to post the final pics last night because my Adobe somethingorother crashed... but last night I had just one of my vegan stuffed peppers. They turned out super great! :) Only needed the one.... very filling & sooo tasty! :lick:

VeganPeppers2.jpg
VeganPeppers3.jpg
VeganPeppers4.jpg

Lunch: Some kind of rice pudding thing, corn, and fresh fruit. I'm not eating the prunes they included with the fresh fruit.

Inner voice: "Go ahead and eat the prunes, dumba**! They're good for you!"

Outer voice: "But I don't LIKE prunes!"

Inner voice: "Too freaking bad! Lunch is not a popularity contest!"

Outer voice: "What on earth does THAT mean?"

Inner voice: "It means sometimes you have to do things you don't like! Take the nutritional benefits of prunes already! Hurry before they take the tray away!"

Outer voice: "No."

Inner voice: "Ugh, such a rotten, spoiled child. I don't know what I'm going to do with you."

Outer voice: "I'll eat an apple instead."

Inner voice: "Not exactly the same thing, but *sigh* okay."

Edited to add: She took the tray away. I'm eating the apple.

Can't some pain meds get you constipated? o_O

Yes, apparently. If I ask for oxycodon for my hip pain, they also have me take a stool softener.

Not exactly the most appropriate thread for that question, but oh, well. :p

Yes, apparently. If I ask for oxycodon for my hip pain, they also have me take a stool softener.

Not exactly the most appropriate thread for that question, but oh, well. :p

Not surprising. From what I understand, some of those strong pain meds had adverse effects on the digestive tract. People I know who are receiving drug treatment for opioid addictions apparently have some serious issues from treatments like methodone... but I digress...

*ahem* I am enjoying a delicious and nutritious breakfast right now of cereal and coffee...

The last things i ate were potato dumplings, pickled eggplants and pickled green tomatoes:p

I made protein pancakes again, I think I do this at least 3 times a week lol, and always looking to try new recipes for them too! so yummy!

I copied the recipe i used this time from another site if anyone else wants to try!!! :)
  • 1/3 cup plant protein powder
  • 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
  • 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda ()
  • 1/3 cup kefir (kefir is epic, look it up for the health benefits! fun fact it's actually named after the turkish word for the euphoric feeling people get after drinking it. AWesome!)
  • 1/2 a mashed banana
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • spices of your choosing: cinnamon is nice here, along with ginger and cardamom (I used cinnamon!)
  • touch of sweetener, such as 1-2 packets of stevia or 1/2 teaspoons liquid stevia (I used honey actually, I don't trust stevia to be honest, it's even on wikipedia the FDA had it regulated originally: Stevia - Wikipedia )

Reactions: Val
Well, I'm glad I only decided to make half of my homemade vegan pizza last night... I should've blind-baked the crust... what a sloppy mess. :dismay:

I'm glad I also brought a cup of my potato/Brussels sprout bake. :rolleyes:

Found a beautiful new trail in the park, then went to the ice cream place for vegan pineapple soft serve- they added raspberry! I think I like the pineapple better, but still glad for the choice!

Reactions: Val
Well, I'm glad I only decided to make half of my homemade vegan pizza last night... I should've blind-baked the crust... what a sloppy mess. :dismay:

I'm glad I also brought a cup of my potato/Brussels sprout bake. :rolleyes:

Pizza is one of my favourite treats and I like to make it simple.
I don't know how you made it but the oven has to be very hot. When I say hot that it the maximum temperature of the oven.
You shouldn't par bake it just add (very little) your topping. Keep it to 2 or 3 ingredients. If you're using vegetables don't add raw ones as they will seep water and make the pizza soggy.
I usually add passata, cheese, a few olives and a sprinkle of either oregano or just a few fresh basil leaves just before the end. Add a drizzle of olive oil just as you take it out of the oven.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Pizza is one of my favourite treats and I like to make it simple.
I don't know how you made it but the oven has to be very hot. When I say hot that it the maximum temperature of the oven.
You shouldn't par bake it just add (very little) your topping. Keep it to 2 or 3 ingredients. If you're using vegetables don't add raw ones as they will seep water and make the pizza soggy.
I usually add passata, cheese, a few olives and a sprinkle of either oregano or just a few fresh basil leaves just before the end. Add a drizzle of olive oil just as you take it out of the oven.
You mentioned before that you don't like vegetables on pizza.... I like as many as possible (and I was trying to use up some produce), I've just never made my own crust. This was a failed vegan cheesy biscuit that I thought I'd roll out & see what happened to it as a pizza crust. Another fail. Seeing as how the toppings are already on the other half, I thought I'd see what happened if I put it in the skillet & then the oven. No love lost, however. LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.