What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh! Thank you for this! My male roommate's mom sent us a bunch of spices and grains last month, and my vegan female roomie would love this as much as me. It reminds me a bit of my veganized version of borscht. Sort of.

You are most welcome, it is such a gratifying meal on every level. Much as it takes some time to chop all the veggies it is also an opportunity to be grateful for having access to such amazing food. The smell of the spices when combining them to make a paste and then the smell when it is all cooking are just a thrilling lead up to actually eating it. Soul food!

Emma JC

These frozen potato/veg mix wedge things I found at Aldi. They've become one of my favorite meal foods I mix with bread, cos lettuce and/or broccoli, and different sauces. Today I've had them for breakfast and lunch along with said other veggies, salsa as sauce in one meal, and soy sauce in the other.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm having these again:

ALN0632_HOTLP_SUMMER_SEASONAL_FOODS_PD_388x314_12.jpg

A whole plate of them, each wrapped in baby Cos lettuce leaves and dipped in a homemade salsa. So good.

Same as yesterday, but with Cos lettuce and broccoli this time with salsa. Also been munching on homemade corn nuts and lemonade.

Hi!
I ate fruit salad today:yum
I take for it: mango, bananas, avocado, apple and orange. It was too tasty:blush:

Amy's Lentil Soup warmed in a Mason jar in the library microwave, along with a baked potato made similarly topped with tahini dressing and sliced pickle. Half of an apple.

I also had a Belvita cinnamon cookie later (just one of the pack) with a huge spoonful of peanut butter, and more coffee, as an afternoon snack.

I get SO HUNGRY when I'm in school. I don't even understand why I'm hungry I walked a mile or two and went to class. I guess it is brain power.

My brunch was a big burrito with black n pinto beans, Mexican rice, lots of guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa verde, jalepenos, crushed tortilla chips, black olives, and probably some other stuff. My fave burrito from a local place.

Reactions: hopeful
Yesterday's lunch was :

The vegetable Hash browns mentioned earlier in this thread, with a dipping sauce made from rolled oats (as flour) and mixed with water, soy sauce and lowered sodium Vegemite, and each wrapped in raw Kale and Cos lettuce leaves.

Chickpeas and stewed tomatoes with garlic, salt, pepper, sweet basil and nooch, over Japanese sticky rice. Applesauce. Biscotti with peanut butter.

Lunch:

Lightly pan cooked marinaded tofu (onion, garlic, ginger, salt, liquid smoke)
Tater tots
Whole wheat toast with lowered sodium Vegemite, soaked pumpkin seeds and
lots of Cos lettuce

The Tajin is one of the most famous foods in Morocco. It is a delicious food, which is constantly present on the Moroccan trip. The Tajin is a pot made of pottery. It is distinguished by its ability to preserve the nutritional values of the cooked items. Of the dishes prepared, Moroccan tajin are easy to prepare and their quantities are constantly available, especially that it can be served in more than one way and in different quantities.
https://www.veganfood.life/2019/01/how-to-preparing-tajin-for-vegan.html

Cucumber
Red bell pepper
Kidneybeans
Hummus (1 spoon)
Smoked red bell pepper paste (1 spoon)
A dutch truffel or two
Cumin
Curcumin

Dark chocolate for dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.