What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a meal of whole wheat rotini noodles with cut up carrot, cabbage, celery, and bell pepper, cooked together with hummus, picante salsa, nutritional yeast and oregano, thyme, and turmeric, and with cashews, and a bit of hemp oil added for helping with my own personal health issue.

Shepherd's pie made with veggie sausage and bean burgers. I used corn and green bean for the veggies. I'll be having it again tonight. It was really tasty.

We had burrito's last night and they were spectacular (and very filling).

Two whole wheat wraps each, 1/2 package of Gardein hamburger done up with onions, jalapenos and lots of spices. Grilled peppers/onions. Slices of avocado. A bit of shredded cheeze. Topped with homemade taco sauce, homemade pico (green onions, parsley, tomato, lime juice), sliced black olives and lettuce. A bit of lemon juice across the top.

I should have taken a pic, the plate was piled high and I can't believe it all fit inside me.

Emma JC

I made curry with red paste, tumeric, coconut milk, tofu, stewed tomatoes, spinach, onions and those long flat rice noodles.

I also had hot cocoa made with vanilla almond milk, and Dandies peppermint marshmallows.

last night, in honour of Remembrance Day, we had a thanksgiving type dinner - an excuse to eat another Gardein turkey roll dinner...

tons of potatoes, tons of carrots, sliced mushrooms and onions, the gravy from the Gardein package, the turkey rolls and extra cranberry sauce in the form of lingonberry jam from Ikea

so satisfying!! Emma JC

Dinner was very light since I really had enough food today between breakfast and lunch.

So far:
Vegetable spring rolls with homemade salsa
Cucumber

A tiny tiny bit (half a leaf) of Sisymbrium officinale, also known as mustard weed and a bunch of other names. I did some research on it first of course, then when I feel a new plant is safe I test with a tiny amount. Tastes a bit like it's name. If no problems tonight/tomorrow, I'll harvest some more, as it's just growing freely in my yard :)

I’ll first time post I have some hen of the woods mushrooms I’m not sure what to do with them.suggestions what I should cook them with

I’ll first time post I have some hen of the woods mushrooms I’m not sure what to do with them.suggestions what I should cook them with

welcome to the forum, Valarie

I would suggest that whatever you do with it, saute or grill etc, that you do it quickly as according to one website I read they go "off" fairly quickly.

Emma JC

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Leftovers ; brussels plus quinoa with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of yeast flakes/black pepper.
Alpro (nas) cherry yogurt.
A persimmon.
Apple & cinnamon infusion.

Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.