What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
@Emma JC, I like the Field Roast Apple Sage sausages the best. My local grocery store just started carrying Beyond Meat sausages. I was looking forward to trying it. they only had the Italian, which generally is too spicy for me. Plus it was twice the price of the Field Roast sausages. So I didn't buy any.

Some of these new plant food companies are blowing it on prices.

Tonight I invented my own version of a burrito bowl. Lettuce, tomatoes, pinto beans, (farmer's market bought ) mango salsa, corn chips, guacamole. Not bad but I thought it was missing something.

I was planning on making a smoothie for dessert but right now I'm not hungry and lately I have been getting bouts of GERD, probably cause I HAVE been having a dessert too late.

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Tonight I'm having tofu, broccoli, mushroom stir fry over rice.

Made it to the Sunday Morning Farmer's market. First time in a long time. I usually go to the Tuesday night one, but i missed that one this week. Not as busy and not as many vendors as usual. But i got lots of good stuff. There was a new booth that sold Zero Waste stuff. I got two cotton produce bags.

• 👍

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Lentil stew over mashed potatoes.

The recipe suggested using wine. So I opened up a bottle of Four Buck Chuck Cabernet. It's an organic wine, vegan-friendly, from Trader Joe's. I had a glass with dinner and it was really acidic. So i let it air for like an hour and I'm now sipping on my second glass. Still pretty acidic. But it is starting to taste better. but that might be just the wine and the pot I have been smoking going to work.

HappyRoxy

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Tonight we are having leftover Rustic Pasta from Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet". It's really delicious. We top it with vegan meatballs and with a side of garlic bread and a glass of red, it's going to be Friday night yummy!

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Mushroom gnocchi with a citrus creme sauce, a green salad with beets and balsamic dressing, and carrot ginger soup. That gnocchi was magical, I'm staying at the historic hotel again.

• 😍

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Um, I'm trying to get rid of left-overs before I go to Berkeley on Friday, so tonight I just had a half-serving left of my favorite tofu curry with peas, potatoes and onions, and I also have some chickpeas I made into a "sandwich salad" with Vegenaise and Braggs Sea Kelp Seasoning (I was thinking vegan tuna) which I will eat when I get hungry again, as I should with such a small serving of curry.

• 👍

Forest Nymph

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Today I ate meatballs with pieces of bread.
My healthy dinner is roast Chicken and Vegetables, Lean Beef and Chicken Breast and moreover Cruciferous Vegetables. At times I would prefer not to have dinner so I simply drink Milkshake.
Well I see we have an entire series of trolls on here. What is going on?

• 👍

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Well I see we have an entire series of trolls on here. What is going on?
Just one troll, and they've been dealt with appropriately. At least the last two meat eaters were one in the same IP. Some people have nothing better to do with their time, I guess?

• 👍
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
A burger served with brown rice and peas plus a drizzle of olive oil & lemon pepper.
Alpro (nas) cherry yogurt.
Pink grapes.

• 👍

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Gardein burger on a whole wheat bun with pickle, tomato, ketchup, aioli, and lettuce.
ear of corn and baked beans (canned).

• 👍

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Last night was our Thanksgiving Dinner so we had a Gardein Turkey roll and gravy with onions added, mashed potatoes, carrots, an acorn squash and bread with gravy for dessert.
I forgot to make cranberry sauce so had Ikea's Lingonberry Jam instead and it was a good substitute. Only had two carrots left in the bag. :worried:

Emma JC

thanksgiving_dinner.jpg

• 😍
Reactions: hungryraccoon

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Last night was our Thanksgiving Dinner so we had a Gardein Turkey roll and gravy with onions added, mashed potatoes, carrots, an acorn squash and bread with gravy for dessert.
I forgot to make cranberry sauce so had Ikea's Lingonberry Jam instead and it was a good substitute. Only had two carrots left in the bag. :worried:

Emma JC

View attachment 1173
That looks tasty.

I usually make cranberry sauce for Christmas.

I always freeze it beforehand because of all the buzz at that particular time of the year.:dizzy:

• 👍

PTree15

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I will be having vegan pesto pasta with tomato basil salad.

• 👍

PTree15

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I absolutely love pesto.👍
Me, too. It is one of my favorite foods. Even though I love it on pasta, it's wonderful on sandwiches, veggie burgers and wraps.I had company over the past few days, and they actually requested the pesto pasta dish. :)

• 👍

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegetarian
Me, too. It is one of my favorite foods. Even though I love it on pasta, it's wonderful on sandwiches, veggie burgers and wraps.I had company over the past few days, and they actually requested the pesto pasta dish. :)
Same here. I really like it on whole wheat bread when making sandwiches. 👍

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15

QualityGains

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
A vegan Buddha Bowl! There are awesome here in Indonesia. :)

• 👍

PTree15

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
The last of the pesto pasta and tomato basil salad. I got a lot of meals out of that dish. :)

• 👍
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas