What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Emma JC, I like the Field Roast Apple Sage sausages the best. My local grocery store just started carrying Beyond Meat sausages. I was looking forward to trying it. they only had the Italian, which generally is too spicy for me. Plus it was twice the price of the Field Roast sausages. So I didn't buy any.

Some of these new plant food companies are blowing it on prices.

Tonight I invented my own version of a burrito bowl. Lettuce, tomatoes, pinto beans, (farmer's market bought ) mango salsa, corn chips, guacamole. Not bad but I thought it was missing something.

I was planning on making a smoothie for dessert but right now I'm not hungry and lately I have been getting bouts of GERD, probably cause I HAVE been having a dessert too late.

Reactions: Emma JC
Tonight I'm having tofu, broccoli, mushroom stir fry over rice.

Made it to the Sunday Morning Farmer's market. First time in a long time. I usually go to the Tuesday night one, but i missed that one this week. Not as busy and not as many vendors as usual. But i got lots of good stuff. There was a new booth that sold Zero Waste stuff. I got two cotton produce bags.

Lentil stew over mashed potatoes.

The recipe suggested using wine. So I opened up a bottle of Four Buck Chuck Cabernet. It's an organic wine, vegan-friendly, from Trader Joe's. I had a glass with dinner and it was really acidic. So i let it air for like an hour and I'm now sipping on my second glass. Still pretty acidic. But it is starting to taste better. but that might be just the wine and the pot I have been smoking going to work.

Tonight we are having leftover Rustic Pasta from Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet". It's really delicious. We top it with vegan meatballs and with a side of garlic bread and a glass of red, it's going to be Friday night yummy!

Mushroom gnocchi with a citrus creme sauce, a green salad with beets and balsamic dressing, and carrot ginger soup. That gnocchi was magical, I'm staying at the historic hotel again.

• Love
Um, I'm trying to get rid of left-overs before I go to Berkeley on Friday, so tonight I just had a half-serving left of my favorite tofu curry with peas, potatoes and onions, and I also have some chickpeas I made into a "sandwich salad" with Vegenaise and Braggs Sea Kelp Seasoning (I was thinking vegan tuna) which I will eat when I get hungry again, as I should with such a small serving of curry.

Today I ate meatballs with pieces of bread.
My healthy dinner is roast Chicken and Vegetables, Lean Beef and Chicken Breast and moreover Cruciferous Vegetables. At times I would prefer not to have dinner so I simply drink Milkshake.

Well I see we have an entire series of trolls on here. What is going on?

A burger served with brown rice and peas plus a drizzle of olive oil & lemon pepper.
Alpro (nas) cherry yogurt.
Pink grapes.

Gardein burger on a whole wheat bun with pickle, tomato, ketchup, aioli, and lettuce.
ear of corn and baked beans (canned).

Last night was our Thanksgiving Dinner so we had a Gardein Turkey roll and gravy with onions added, mashed potatoes, carrots, an acorn squash and bread with gravy for dessert.
I forgot to make cranberry sauce so had Ikea's Lingonberry Jam instead and it was a good substitute. Only had two carrots left in the bag. :worried:

Emma JC

thanksgiving_dinner.jpg

• Love
Reactions: hungryraccoon
Last night was our Thanksgiving Dinner so we had a Gardein Turkey roll and gravy with onions added, mashed potatoes, carrots, an acorn squash and bread with gravy for dessert.
I forgot to make cranberry sauce so had Ikea's Lingonberry Jam instead and it was a good substitute. Only had two carrots left in the bag. :worried:

Emma JC

View attachment 1173

That looks tasty.

I usually make cranberry sauce for Christmas.

I always freeze it beforehand because of all the buzz at that particular time of the year.:dizzy:

I absolutely love pesto.👍
Me, too. It is one of my favorite foods. Even though I love it on pasta, it's wonderful on sandwiches, veggie burgers and wraps.I had company over the past few days, and they actually requested the pesto pasta dish. :)

Me, too. It is one of my favorite foods. Even though I love it on pasta, it's wonderful on sandwiches, veggie burgers and wraps.I had company over the past few days, and they actually requested the pesto pasta dish. :)

Same here. I really like it on whole wheat bread when making sandwiches. 👍

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.