What did you Cook or Bake Today?

Today we are getting bad weather - crazy but here in Ontario it was 12 degrees C this morning, 54 degrees F - heavy heavy rain and temperatures falling so likelihood of freezing rain which may make the power go out so.... I just made some falafel in the oven, making up some hummus now and have the oil lamps ready.... lots of snacky food available, lots of water. It is kinda fun when the power goes out as then we actually play some cards or scrabble. Right now he is on his computer and I am on mine so games together would be nice. Also have some of the raisin loaf still that I made a while ago and am going to put some beans to soak so I am put them in the crock pot tomorrow (yes, I have given up on beans in the iPot).

Emma JC
You gave up on beans in the Instant Pot!!! WHYyyyyyy?
I've hated crock pots for everything, but especially beans. I make beans in the IP every week!
I just cooked black beans, one cup beans, 2 cups water, seasonings, set for 25 min and npr. They're perfect as usual.

Then I made black bean burgers

You gave up on beans in the Instant Pot!!! WHYyyyyyy?
I've hated crock pots for everything, but especially beans. I make beans in the IP every week!
I just cooked black beans, one cup beans, 2 cups water, seasonings, set for 25 min and npr. They're perfect as usual.

Then I made black bean burgers

They never seem to cook properly. Even split pea soup is so much better on the stove... I have tried everything I can think of, longer times, no salt etc.

I love the beans in the crock - soak them during the day and leave them in on low for 10 hours on low and they come out perfect.

Emma JC

I had tons of veggies languishing in my fridge so i made a giant stirfry. Onions, garlic, pepper, carrots, celery, bokchoy, broccoli, nappa cabbage, filled my pot to the top before it cooked down a bit!

I absolutely love stir fries especially when the vegetable are slightly al dente.

I have made a huge pot of lentil (green) and root vegetable stew. I'm also going to steam some green vegetables ; broccoli and courgettes as I won't be able to cook for the next 48 hours. Batch cooking is so handy when you just need to reheat some healthy, delicious meals. 👍