What did you Cook or Bake Today?

This is my favorite cornbread. I heat a cast iron in the oven to bake it in. Sometimes I'll put the chili in the pan and top with the batter, but usually just make the cornbread and serve topped with chili.

I should make minestrone since I'll be back at work this week :(
This sounds really good...bookmarking it!

I love the jarred/packaged precooked chestnuts but they are crazy expensive here. I bought a small package for four dollars and added it to my nut roast. I came out really good. 😋

I made my first-ever nut roast, and I loved it! I had it with mashed potatoes, roasted carrots and broccoli, and cranberry sauce. Delicious. I believe this will become a staple. I think my family would like this as well. I might have to make another for New Year's!

Today I made a large loaf of wild rice bread. I used home milled hard white wheat flour, the reserved cooking water from the rice and about 8 oz of the wild rice left over from Xmas. I also made a minestrone barley stew that was just the ticket for a cold and blustery day. It was a good day to be the galley slave.

yayyyy I did it! I made Raisin Loaf and Date Squares and they are both good and the Date Squares are so dense that it is going to last a long time as a very small piece goes a long way. The Raisin Loaf is also dense and so I put the larger one in the freezer as the small one will last a number of days also.

Emma JC

I'm making a kinda slow cooked chilli made with borlotti beans, sweet potatoes, minced soya burger and lots of spices including smoked paprika, coffee and mace. I'm also going to make either some brown rice or quinoa to go with it.

As it's very chilly and damp, I may also bake a few rock cakes for afternoon tea. 😉

Reactions: Qwaychou and KLS52
Today we are getting bad weather - crazy but here in Ontario it was 12 degrees C this morning, 54 degrees F - heavy heavy rain and temperatures falling so likelihood of freezing rain which may make the power go out so.... I just made some falafel in the oven, making up some hummus now and have the oil lamps ready.... lots of snacky food available, lots of water. It is kinda fun when the power goes out as then we actually play some cards or scrabble. Right now he is on his computer and I am on mine so games together would be nice. Also have some of the raisin loaf still that I made a while ago and am going to put some beans to soak so I am put them in the crock pot tomorrow (yes, I have given up on beans in the iPot).

Emma JC

Reactions: Qwaychou and KLS52
North African Spiced Soup - you can find various recipes of this online - this is the one I use.... just about to eat and it smells amazing

Emma JC

North African Spiced Soup - you can find various recipes of this online - this is the one I use.... just about to eat and it smells amazing

Emma JC

I love North African style stuff like this...Looks fantastic