What did you Cook or Bake Today?

recipe? pretty please with a cherry on top?

Emma JC
Sure :)

I also made up a name.. bSKINNY Lemon Cherry Pie

ingredients
2 cups dates
Almond milk
Lemon
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sultanas/currants/raisins
1tbsp peanut butter
A few Cherries
1 tbsp chia

Soak 1 cup of the dates in the blender cup in almond milk, lemon juice and lemon zest of the one lemon. Place in the bullet blended cup so it is ready to blend. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl add oats, chia, sultanas/currents and chop 1cup dates and mix. Stir in peanut butter and a little almond milk. Stir through well. Keep stirring and adding almond milk until all the mixture is wet. No liquid should be seen at the bottom of the bowl. Press this mixture in a silicone tray... place in freezer for 2 hours .

after two hours blend the dates and pour this mixture on top of the frozen oats.Add some cherries on top. Freeze overnight and serve next day. Store in freezer.
I chop and have ready to eat :)

it is very rich so you only need a small piece :)
Enjoy :)

It was amazing as usual. So comforting and warming and umami-y. Served with a warm loaf of bread.

Enough for two nights so will be having it again tonight.

Emma JC
I suppose you make that stove top too 🙄 😄.
I make this-https://www.copymethat.com/r/CvK5PjY/african-peanut-stew-plant-based/
IN MY INSTANT POT! #not crock pot
Yeah, it's a peeve 😆

No I didnt fry. And of course @Emma JC Ill think about what I did here lets see...

So for batter I did about 3/4 of a cup of flour of choice, 3/4 of a cup of almond milk, teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, teaspoon salt, teaspoon pepper...whisk together until smooth. Cut your florets and toss in the batter. Then roll them in panko crumbs. Preheat oven to 450. Roast for 20 min. Take out of the oven... Toss with hot sauce mixture. I used Franks and earth balance...roast for another 15-20 min. let cool slightly...then toss with some more sauce...serve.

:)

<3

No I didnt fry. And of course @Emma JC Ill think about what I did here lets see...

So for batter I did about 3/4 of a cup of flour of choice, 3/4 of a cup of almond milk, teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, teaspoon salt, teaspoon pepper...whisk together until smooth. Cut your florets and toss in the batter. Then roll them in panko crumbs. Preheat oven to 450. Roast for 20 min. Take out of the oven... Toss with hot sauce mixture. I used Franks and earth balance...roast for another 15-20 min. let cool slightly...then toss with some more sauce...serve.

<3
I'll have to try it that way with regular flour. I've done it with chickpea flour, which was awful, and rice flour which was better but still not right. I've had them out where they were fried, and those were the the best things ever! I won't fry though, mostly because I couldn't control myself, so getting them out is a better decision. If I could have them baked, that would be great!

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with extra grease on the pan.

I lied to my 16-year-old autistic son and assured him that the cheese came from a cow. We have so many arguments about vegan food. I tell him, "If it looks like cheese, tastes like cheeses, and smells like cheese then it must be cheese." I do not think he believes me when I tell him that cows suffer.

I got mad a week ago and said, "If you really want cow milk, then drink it directly from the cow's nipple. If you and the cow consent to the relationship, then I won't stop you." Saying that was immature on my part. But, I could not resist.
.4.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Val
I did them with white flour (I am not gluten free)...also could use the franks wing sauce I checked it is vegan.....the "butter flavor" is not actual butter...

Reactions: Val and Emma JC

<3

I really like roast vegetables but tend not to make them often, due to the high cost of using electricity. Absolutely love, love cauliflower. :yum

I made imitation maple syrup today, using fenugreek seeds and sugar.

At first I followed an online recipe, substituting in dates for honey that it called for. This was the first I found online. After soaking and cooking, I blended the ingredients, and the results were terrible. Way way too bitter.

So I lessened the fenugreek portion drastically and just used white sugar. When boiled down, it was delicious and very much like maple syrup. When I make it again I'll do it with raw sugar.

Sorry Canada. Now that I know this trick I won't be buying your expensive tree sap.

Wi

<3
will def try it out!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
O
I made imitation maple syrup today, using fenugreek seeds and sugar.

At first I followed an online recipe, substituting in dates for honey that it called for. This was the first I found online. After soaking and cooking, I blended the ingredients, and the results were terrible. Way way too bitter.

So I lessened the fenugreek portion drastically and just used white sugar. When boiled down, it was delicious and very much like maple syrup. When I make it again I'll do it with raw sugar.

Sorry Canada. Now that I know this trick I won't be buying your expensive tree sap.
omg I am going to try this on my family to see what happens!

Reactions: Val and Nekodaiden
I suppose you make that stove top too 🙄 😄.
I make this-https://www.copymethat.com/r/CvK5PjY/african-peanut-stew-plant-based/
IN MY INSTANT POT! #not crock pot
Yeah, it's a peeve 😆

yes, stove top - I started making it years ago before I had an instant pot so I never really thought about doing it there

Emma JC

Reactions: Val and Qwaychou

<3

thank you! I will definitely try it and keep my fingers crossed

Emma JC

Reactions: Qwaychou
thank you! I will definitely try it and keep my fingers crossed

Emma JC
One tip I should mention....When you take them out of the oven the first time for the first coating of sauce do so gently. When I first started I was going a little too aggressively and some of the coating starting coming away. Let me know how it turns out!

O

omg I am going to try this on my family to see what happens!

I initially used 1/3 cup fenugreek and 1/3 cup dates (both soaked for 20 minutes, then cooked for about 5). I didn't measure the water but it was enough to cover.

The resulting liquid was very maple syrup like tasting, but I found when I blended all the ingredients the strong fenugreek bitter took over. To get a good result (for blending) I had to reduce the amount of fenugreek to less than 1/9th of a cup.

Or I suppose one could use the original amounts, discard all the fenugreek seeds and dates after soaking and boiling, and then boil down the remaining liquid. That would work too.

I initially used 1/3 cup fenugreek and 1/3 cup dates (both soaked for 20 minutes, then cooked for about 5). I didn't measure the water but it was enough to cover.

The resulting liquid was very maple syrup like tasting, but I found when I blended all the ingredients the strong fenugreek bitter took over. To get a good result (for blending) I had to reduce the amount of fenugreek to less than 1/9th of a cup.

Or I suppose one could use the original amounts, discard all the fenugreek seeds and dates after soaking and boiling, and then boil down the remaining liquid. That would work too.

That sounds like a good idea. However, I would include the dates for extra sweetness and texture. 👍

Reactions: Nekodaiden

Are you talking about using fenugreek leaves? I've never had those.
I have some seeds I left from the one thing I wanted them for, not sure how to use them !