What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I made 'refried' beans that I'd been craving. Hate to say 'refried, as they're just cooked with seasoning and blended with an immersion blender
Now I have a cranberry walnut bread in the oven. Can't wait for cranberry to come around again! These were my last bag
Funny how I either don't want to make anything, or I want to just cook/bake all day! I'm coming into the cook/bake all day--and It's a beautiful day to spend outside! :dismay:

I have made zucchini cakes, and I just took a zucchini, banana, chocolate chip and raisin bread out of the oven. I usually make muffins with this recipe, but I was being lazy and didn't want to grease the individual muffin cups. :D It's cooling now. I will have this for dessert after dinner tonight. I'm going to make salsa and then seitan sausages.

I didn't get to the seitan sausages yesterday, so I'm going to make those, along with regular seitan. And I might make scones.
I was wondering when you'd get around to scones. I want ginger scones, with a vanilla icing drizzle. I believe the recipe I've been eyeing is from Isa Moscowitz--but if you have a ginger scone recipe, send it my way!

I've been saying I'd make seitan sausage too, but my stupid ankle is swollen and sore.Nothing new, same old injury I never had fixed, lots of walking and standing all day

If you can make sausage and scones, I can make sausage!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I was wondering when you'd get around to scones. I want ginger scones, with a vanilla icing drizzle. I believe the recipe I've been eyeing is from Isa Moscowitz--but if you have a ginger scone recipe, send it my way!

I've been saying I'd make seitan sausage too, but my stupid ankle is swollen and sore.Nothing new, same old injury I never had fixed, lots of walking and standing all day

If you can make sausage and scones, I can make sausage!
Ugh on the swollen and sore ankle. I hope it gets better soon.
I love ginger scones! Mine is from the Joy of Vegan Baking, but it sounds similar, as it also calls for an icing drizzle, maple-flavored. They are really good! I won't have time for the scones until tomorrow, as I have to work in a bit. I did get the seitan and the sausages done, though. The last batch of sausages is steaming now.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 4.54.42 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: silva and KLS52
I now have a small pumpkin in the IP, that will become a spicy soup in the Vitamix later. I guess now I should make more soy yogurt tonight to have with it. I even saved the seeds!
I mixed up some seitan sausage dough that's resting. I used applesauce in the mix. Couldn't remember if it was Field Roast apple sage, or apple thyme, so I added both :shrug: . Waiting for their turn in the IP

Thanks for that recipe Ptree! I think I'll make them this weekend so I don't mess up. Kitchen is now officially a mess

I now have a small pumpkin in the IP, that will become a spicy soup in the Vitamix later. I guess now I should make more soy yogurt tonight to have with it. I even saved the seeds!
I mixed up some seitan sausage dough that's resting. I used applesauce in the mix. Couldn't remember if it was Field Roast apple sage, or apple thyme, so I added both :shrug: . Waiting for their turn in the IP

Thanks for that recipe Ptree! I think I'll make them this weekend so I don't mess up. Kitchen is now officially a mess
You are welcome! I ended up getting some freelance work today, so no scones yet, but I'm hopeful I will get them baked tomorrow.

Reactions: KLS52
It came out so good! The texture is great. The flavor is mild so I had it with chickpea “tuna” and avocado for lunch. Then I toasted a piece and sprinkled cinnamon sugar. It’s perfect for both savory and sweet!

It didn’t rise as much as I would have liked so I was afraid it would be heavy but it’s not!
15F057FA-D6C0-419D-9828-0AF1C7166820.jpeg

yesterday we made pea soup - 4 cups of split yellow peas, bay leaves, lots of onion, carrots, celery - my honey was the official cook, if he hadn't been I would have put in potatoes too

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven and KLS52