What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I have baby bok choy I got for hot/sour soup, but have not mushrooms. I may just saute it with onions and have the seitan shreds. I bought fermented black beans to make a sauce with. That will be a first time :shrug:

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I made a pizza! I had bought the liquid vegan mozzarella a while ago and it is going to expire this month so I had to do something! I got the Pillsbury pizza dough, jarred pizza sauce, and had frozen mushrooms, and peppers and onions and fresh tomatoes. I also added some pineapple chunks. It turned out pretty good though kind of soggy because of the frozen veggies. Next time I will have to get fresh veggies to use.

I made a pizza! I had bought the liquid vegan mozzarella a while ago and it is going to expire this month so I had to do something! I got the Pillsbury pizza dough, jarred pizza sauce, and had frozen mushrooms, and peppers and onions and fresh tomatoes. I also added some pineapple chunks. It turned out pretty good though kind of soggy because of the frozen veggies. Next time I will have to get fresh veggies to use.

or just throw them into a non-stick fry pan for a few minutes first - mmmm pineapple, love it!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

we loved it - I added carrots, parsnip, bell pepper, potato, garlic powder, cayenne powder and sauted the veggies in water before adding everything else - cilantro on top with pita bread - have enough left over for another meal on rice

the flavouring I used is called Curry Masala (coriander, turmeric, cumin, true cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Curry_Masala_Ground_150g_840x840.jpg
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! That spice mix saves having all different jars of spices in the pantry.

Reactions: Emma JC
I just prepared some soy curls for vegan chik'n salad. Letting them cool off now. I might make more chickpea salad, too. I plan to take both to the beach this weekend. My parents' cottage is officially ready for the summer, woo-hoooo!

Remember the ol' Jello mousse? You'd dissolve Jello in hot water, then stirred ice in it to thicken and then stir in Cool Whip? My son reminded me of it, and he made one with lime jello. Well I was "jelly" :)lol:), so I made a vegan version.
I made it with cashews, but honestly, I'd have liked it with that vegan tru whip .
I simmered a pint of blended strawberries to reduce them and make stronger taste (I wanted to use a frozen juice concentrate but forget to buy it)
added a teas of agar soaked in a half cup hot water

Blended 3/4 cup raw cashews with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup soy yogurt, and vanilla (I may have used 1/2 cup sugar--taste)

Added the strawberry agar mix to blender, then poured into a glass bowl to chill
Set up nicely. Next will make with a frozen fruit juice concentrate. Probably lemonaide

I'm doing some food prep today: spaghetti aglio e olio with black olives (for my dad); pasta salad with vegan mayo, mock tuna, and celery; vegan sausages; and oatmeal-based energy bites. I have to go out for the olives, though, as it appears that I ran out.

I'm doing some food prep today: spaghetti aglio e olio with black olives (for my dad); pasta salad with vegan mayo, mock tuna, and celery; vegan sausages; and oatmeal-based energy bites. I have to go out for the olives, though, as it appears that I ran out.
If you go to Aldi look for their special Mediterranean olives-a mix of kalamata, green, something else, & garlic in a seasoned olive oil. :drool:. I bought 3 jars, like $3.50.
Costco had some really good looking ones too!

I can't decide what to make. I took tomorrow off cause my cars in the shop so will think of something!

If you go to Aldi look for their special Mediterranean olives-a mix of kalamata, green, something else, & garlic in a seasoned olive oil. :drool:. I bought 3 jars, like $3.50.
Costco had some really good looking ones too!

I can't decide what to make. I took tomorrow off cause my cars in the shop so will think of something!
Thank you for the info!

Reactions: Emma JC
Made vegan "snickers", but not crazy about this recipe. Base too oaty, and not enough to get the food processor blending it well, so probably thinned out the date caramel too much, and didn't freeze enough to dip. My son loves them though. Much like deconstructed energy balls 🙄
I had made a recipe once that was perfect.

Is there such a thing as letting your soy curls marinate in sauce for “too long”? Like, putting them in the refrigerator and then forgetting they’re in there for say, a day? Or two? Or three? 😳

Lol…I’m cooking them now…will let you know how they come out! 😁

Last edited: