What Did You Cook or Bake today?

A chickpea spread for bread that also doubles as a chickpea scramble:

Soaked, sprouted then cooked chickpeas plus onion, garlic, flaxseed, salt, pepper, Italian spices and sage, blended with water. That and homemade bread was dinner tonight.

Nice. Do you have the recipe?

@Nekodaiden :

@Nekodaiden :

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind when I either learn to make or obtain a good vegan chocolate. This is not a product (the chocolate) that I am aware can be obtained in Australia (although it might be, I haven't looked), although a cursory search brings up "Belgian chocolate" (vegan varieties) so maybe.

Thanks. I'll keep it in mind when I either learn to make or obtain a good vegan chocolate. This is not a product (the chocolate) that I am aware can be obtained in Australia (although it might be, I haven't looked), although a cursory search brings up "Belgian chocolate" (vegan varieties) so maybe.

I'm sure that you can find good quality chocolate DU.

I baked a blueberry pie from scratch yesterday. The filling has REAL blueberries (like $15 worth!!) and the crust is hand made.

I just realized now that it was accidentally VEGAN!!
  • Crust: flour, salt, veg shortening, water.
  • Filling: blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt.
I find this hilarious because the recipe comes from a 70s cookbook.

And it was the most amazing blueberry pie I've ever had, hands down. 😋 I wish I'd taken a photo.

I made curry again. I can’t eat it for dinner though. It seems I get really bad heartburn so I will have it either for breakfast or lunch tomorrow.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I made curry again. I can’t eat it for dinner though. It seems I get really bad heartburn so I will have it either for breakfast or lunch tomorrow.
I'm just the opposite- one bite of anything not bland, or fruit, gives me upset in the morning. As long as it's not too close to bedtime I can eat anything

I've snacked on everything from blueberries and peaches, toast with spread and nooch, spaghetti, half a seitan and FYH smoked gouda sammie.
I 'm about to make another seitan. Let me tell you---that slicer is a total game changer in seitan slicing! I truly got lucky as it didn't look like it was ever used! I did disassemble and wash it before I used it, and then after, and there are so many places to pick food out of! I always looked for them on local buy/sell sites but always lost the ones that said new in box.

Reactions: KLS52