Music What are you listening to now?

"....now this system you can see here...... I made from garbage...."

What a beautiful piece of music... Berliner Philharmonker and the Legend himself... Herbert von Karajan.... Bravo! But this piece got an interesting story! On which side do you stand?

Wiki: The Adagio in G minor for strings and organ is a neo-Baroque composition commonly attributed to the 18th-century Venetian master Tomaso Albinoni, but actually composed by 20th-century musicologist and Albinoni biographer Remo Giazotto, purportedly based on the discovery of a manuscript fragment by Albinoni. There is a continuing scholarly debate about whether the alleged fragment was real, or a musical hoax perpetrated by Giazotto, but there is no doubt about Giazotto's authorship of the remainder of the work.

Even though noone can tell... I would bet that young Brigitte Engerer's Version of Nocturnes would even let the master himself bow his head. Unfortunately she kinda lost it as she got older but this masterpiece hopefully will stand the test of time....

Reactions: Val
What a beautiful piece of music... Berliner Philharmonker and the Legend himself... Herbert von Karajan.... Bravo! But this piece got an interesting story! On which side do you stand?

Wiki: The Adagio in G minor for strings and organ is a neo-Baroque composition commonly attributed to the 18th-century Venetian master Tomaso Albinoni, but actually composed by 20th-century musicologist and Albinoni biographer Remo Giazotto, purportedly based on the discovery of a manuscript fragment by Albinoni. There is a continuing scholarly debate about whether the alleged fragment was real, or a musical hoax perpetrated by Giazotto, but there is no doubt about Giazotto's authorship of the remainder of the work.
Even at the conservatoire i was taughted that it's not Albinoni,- that it was written by Giazotto, based on 2 themes and a bass line by Albinoni.