Music What are you listening to now?

Radio X - the request hour. Now it is... The Seahorses - Love is the Law.

Reactions: Val

"In a major sign that public opinion on racial history is shifting in America, the country music group Lady Antebellum is changing its name to Lady A."

"They said in a statement that they decided to drop Antebellum from their name after realizing the word's association to slavery.
Antebellum refers to the period of American history before the Civil War when slavery was still legal.
The band members say they are embarrassed they didn't take the word's implications into consideration sooner.
The change to Lady A comes amid a renewed national discourse on race following the police killing of George Floyd.
Part of that debate has been a wave of businesses disavowing any tributes to confederate romanticism, including NASCAR banning the confederate flag."

- Country music group Lady Antebellum changing its name to Lady A

• Informative
Reactions: Val
"In a major sign that public opinion on racial history is shifting in America, the country music group Lady Antebellum is changing its name to Lady A."

"They said in a statement that they decided to drop Antebellum from their name after realizing the word's association to slavery.
Antebellum refers to the period of American history before the Civil War when slavery was still legal.
The band members say they are embarrassed they didn't take the word's implications into consideration sooner.
The change to Lady A comes amid a renewed national discourse on race following the police killing of George Floyd.
Part of that debate has been a wave of businesses disavowing any tributes to confederate romanticism, including NASCAR banning the confederate flag."

- Country music group Lady Antebellum changing its name to Lady A
I hadn't heard about it before, because i'm not a big fan of them,- i only listen to their songs when they are played on the radio, but look at this.👇😵 The manner that they had to apologize in is just humiliating. I'm sorry if it hurts anyone's feelings, but i find it very wrong: having to apologize for the crime that you've never committed (and it won't ever end, it will be repeating itself on and on). My opinion is very unpopular, but i can't imagine that something like this could happen to me: to apologize for only who i am (again!). Believe me, i HAD to do it for some period of time in the past, and it left bruises inside of me. I also had to betray my most strong values and beliefs in order just to survive. The given society is very very sick, and apologies are not going to help it in any way. Positive, constructive actions would help, but as soon as nothing is being done, and people are forced to fight with each other,- changing the names of brands and group names, and personal humiliation won't do any good to it.
I repeat, i don't justify the horrible injustice that was being done to black people during a very long time, but i'm against the harm that is being done to innocent people nowadays, while they are not responsible for the crime. Tbh, it hurts me.🥺