Literature What are you currently reading?

I read Tamron Hall's newest book "Watch Where They Hide" which is book two in a series about a TV investigative reporter. This is another missing person story. It was really good with an interesting plot and characters. Ms Hall gives a lot of information about the TV news business and the challenges of being a black woman in a white male dominated industry. I will read the next one when it comes out!

Reactions: Emma JC
I discovered another light-hearted mystery series by Nora Page. I read the first in the Bookmobile Mysteries called "Better off Read."
The main character is a 76 year old librarian who also solves mysteries (of course). She has a cat and many quirky friends in a small town in Georgia. She also drives around a bookmobile and is known to have a lead foot! LOL This is a fun read with humor and a decent murder mystery. I will read more in this series.

thank you for the reminder of Mitch, it has been a long time since I read Tuesdays with Morrie - so since yesterday I am on my fourth book by Mitch and am enjoying each one - currently For One More Day, yesterday, The Time Keeper, The Stranger in the Lifeboat and The Five People You Meet in Heaven - they are quick easy reads

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: Raven
thank you for the reminder of Mitch, it has been a long time since I read Tuesdays with Morrie - so since yesterday I am on my fourth book by Mitch and am enjoying each one - currently For One More Day, yesterday, The Time Keeper, The Stranger in the Lifeboat and The Five People You Meet in Heaven - they are quick easy reads

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
It was an older woman on another forum that told me about him. I had heard of Tuesdays with Morrie mentioned in US films and TV shows, but never read it. I might look for that one afterwards. :)

Read another Mary Kay Andrews called "Savannah Breeze." I really liked it! It takes place in Savannah, Tybee Island, and Florida, all places that I have history with. BeBe Loudermilk is a 35 year old entrepreneur who owns and manages a successful restaurant as well as owning several properties. She also manages her grandparents finances and has been married and divorced three times. She becomes romantically involved with a charming younger man who turns out to be a con artist who tricks her into signing over power of attorney to him. Then he wipes her out. No murder but she and her friends and her grandfather plot to get her money back by conning the con man. This book was really fun! And there is romance too!

I started the Song of the Orphans. Not sure I will finish it. It's a hardcover library book. I liked part I but it was a slow go. Had to keep stopping when things got too tense. Also this book is so heavy - the only place I can read it is on my couch with it propped up on my knees.
Meanwhile I have When Women Were Dragons on my Kindle and I'm enjoying that.

The Five People You meet in Heaven was very sad in one place. I was crying which was weird.

• Friendly
In a local library, I started reading parts of an alternative-history fantasy by Mariely Lares set in Mexico, just after the Spanish had arrived and taken over: "Sun Of Blood And Ruin". The character of Zorro(?) is a woman, who is a champion/protector of the indigenous people and also a sorceress. It seems interesting; I don't know if I want to borrow it just yet.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
It took me forever (it felt like) to finish "Weird Women". Some of the stories were difficult to read due to the olden style of wording and writing. I did find some of the stories a bit creepy, but a some of them just fell onto nothing. It was more of slow burn hauntings.

My next is "Gone" from Mo Hayder. It was a random library pick with not knowing of the writer.

I just went to drop off the Michelle Obama book at the free library books box and saw this book. I had it on my library reservation list so that was good timing.🤩

20240422_123408.jpg

I found another series of "cozy" mysteries by Ellie Alexander. Not realizing it was a series, I picked up book three "Beyond a Reasonable Stout". I now have books one and two on reserve. All the titles are plays on words. This series is centered around a tiny village in Washington state that is all about German beer and all things German. The main character is a soon to be divorced woman with a teenaged son who works in a craft beer brewery. Since I am a fan of craft beer, this was a fun read for me. There is quite a bit of info on the brewing process which is interesting. Of course there is a murder and there are lots of suspects in this tiny town as the person killed was going to try to ban alcohol. Fun read!

This series is centered around a tiny village in Washington state that is all about German beer and all things German.
I used to live near a town called Leavenworth, Washington. One of the things its known for is it breweries. it also has a great Octoberfest.