Literature What are you currently reading?

On the train this evening I finished We Are All Made Of Glue by Marina Lewycka. I enjoyed it but liked her previous two novels more. I'm not sure what I'm going to start on next, I have a big "to read" pile.

I'm reading (actually listening to as I'm a huge audiobook fan) 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's captivating!

I'm reading (actually listening to as I'm a huge audiobook fan) 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's captivating!

I'm big into audiobooks too :D
In fact I will start an audiobook thread.

I am ready 'The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid' by Bill Bryson. It's funny and I adore his style, but it's not un-put-downable. Probably if I grew up in the same time as him in America I could resonate a bit more with it.

The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman. Not that far into it - less than half way. So far, it's alright, but nothing too special.

"A Clash of Kings" and "Raising Your Spirited Child"

I had been putting off the Game of Thrones books for years, waiting for the series to be complete so I could read it all at once, then they had to go ahead and make the tv version. Now I am trying to keep ahead of where they are on tv to avoid spoilers (and failing...I don't read much lately).

Reactions: Second Summer
I haven't read anything in SUCH a long time but I really want to start The Hunger Games. I want to see the movie first because I never like a movie if I've read the book first BUT if I watch the first movie and then read that book I KNow I'll get addicted and have to read the rest and then I'll ruin the next couple movies for myself.

Has anyone read 50 Shade Of Grey?

No but I have a friend reading it for the lols. It's a Twilight fanfiction with the names find/replaced and hilariously bad apparently.

Anyway I am currently reading The Hunger Games book 3. I enjoyed the first book, the second book was a bit silly (it would have been better if it was book 3 and there was a book inbetween, as it was a bit samey to the first one) and book 3 is just meh. I like finishing a series though.

I'm reading 'A Game Of Thrones' finally!

I put it off because the book looks humongous & I thought it would be difficult to read. So wrong; it's so easy to read & I'm really enjoying it. Nearly finished actually. :)

I'm reading 'A Game Of Thrones' finally!

I put it off because the book looks humongous & I thought it would be difficult to read. So wrong; it's so easy to read & I'm really enjoying it. Nearly finished actually. :)
I wonder if reading the book is easier than watching the show? I love the show but I'm pretty damn confused most of the time. Lol

I wonder if reading the book is easier than watching the show? I love the show but I'm pretty damn confused most of the time. Lol

I've only seen season 1 (waiting for the next disc) but I kept forgetting who everyone was and what their relationships with each other were. The DVD had a feature where you could look at the different families and read about the individuals but there were so many that I was even MORE confused. It doesn't help that I have a really hard time differentiating men in TV or movies unless they look really distinctive.