Literature What are you currently reading?

I've only seen season 1 (waiting for the next disc) but I kept forgetting who everyone was and what their relationships with each other were. The DVD had a feature where you could look at the different families and read about the individuals but there were so many that I was even MORE confused. It doesn't help that I have a really hard time differentiating men in TV or movies unless they look really distinctive.

Read the book! Yes yes. It helps you understand who everyone is & their relationship with each other. I actually found it handy reading it after I'd watched the first series because then I had a face to put to everyone's name.

Read the book! Yes yes. It helps you understand who everyone is & their relationship with each other. I actually found it handy reading it after I'd watched the first series because then I had a face to put to everyone's name.

I bought it today, it's a nice thick book and I'm looking forward to it :D

Just finished Bertrand Russel's History of Western Philosophy. I skipped a few chapters though.

Neuromancer by William Gibson. :)
I read that a long time ago and enjoyed it then. I think in the early days of Internet-for-everyone, or maybe it was in the BBS era, the book was floating around in "cyberspace" as a big text file. I might still have it in my docs folder, actually!

Oh, I am also reading Mockinjay. And by "reading" I mean I stopped halfway through because it was boring as hell and have never gotten back to it. Blah.

Just recently finished The Hunger Games, which was pleasing, but not the end-all-be-all of creation that I think it's made out to be. Took me about I don't know, forever to read it. Finished up a book on breastfeeding too, but not sure that's what the community at large is interested in reading, heh.

I'm waiting eagerly for the next Audrey Niffeneger novel. Her stuff is amazing!

I recently finished Mockingjay too. The whole book was silly, and the ending was just baaad. I really enjoyed the first one, I dont know what happened.

Is it me, or whenever something good was about to happen, did the protagonist pass out? Ooooh big battle OOPS I woke up in hospital before anything interesting happened, then someone just filled me in on what happened. EVERY BLOODY TIME. Lazy storytelling!

Im now reading Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman which is a collection of short stories by Haruki Murakami. I'd been slowly going through the stories for a while, but since my next planned read hasnt showed up yet (stupid bank holiday post) Im reading it instead.

Has anyone read 50 Shade Of Grey?

I purchased it for my Kindle because of all the hype surrounding it...I have to say, I only read enough to find out how they first got together and I haven't been interested enough to continue reading it. It's not much different than a trashy romance novel...well, maybe a tad more graphic, I don't know...it's been awhile since I read a trashy romance novel, lol.

I purchased it for my Kindle because of all the hype surrounding it...I have to say, I only read enough to find out how they first got together and I haven't been interested enough to continue reading it. It's not much different than a trashy romance novel...well, maybe a tad more graphic, I don't know...it's been awhile since I read a trashy romance novel, lol.
Oohhhh.... I may have to get it!! Love me some smutty romance novels. Jackie Collins is my absolute favorite and she's a dirty birdie!!

Oh, I am also reading Mockinjay. And by "reading" I mean I stopped halfway through because it was boring as hell and have never gotten back to it. Blah.

I did exactly the same after having read the first 2 in a weekend. I ended up powering through it just to finish and get on with my life. The second half was better, but it's definitely the weakest of the three.

Am reading Will you please be quiet, please?, a bunch of short stories by Raymond Carver. I really love his stories, they're so brief, but powerful in ways I don't really understand. Some of them I gasp at the end and I couldn't tell you why, nothing much happens. Really good.

Also giving American Gods a go in French. I'll be studying French again next year so I need to brush up. I like Neil Gaiman a lot and I've read it recently enough in English that I won't be lost and confused if I don't understand a few words. His language is quite simple too so it shouldn't be too hard to read.

Has anyone read 50 Shade Of Grey?
I'm currently reading it. It's definitely like an adult version of Twilight. I'm not a Twilight fan and I'm pretty much laughing through the book. It's an easy read though and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. If you buy it I really recommend finding it used unless you loved Twilight.

Besides currently reading 50 Shades of Grey I'm also reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.

Just finished Anne Rice's new book called The Wolf Gift. Wasn't impressed with it. The characters felt flat and it just seemed off and like it was missing something. Definitely not up to the standard her first few vampire books set for me.

I bought Blindness by Jose Saramago off Amazon, but then I finally found my copy of Slaughterhouse Five so am rereading that instead.