What are you craving?

Chocolate covered pretzels. I even made a special trip and Aldi didn't have any pretzels! i had the chocolate. You just don't know what's going to be missing anymore!

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I want one of those Subway bread with all the fresh stuff, plus olives and sauce. Maybe I should also add some garlic since according to the internet garlic bread is an Ace thing. No one dares to defy the all mighty internet.
But I'm too lazy to go there today. Maybe some other day.

Lettuce wraps…with hummus, onions, avocado, olive tapenade and maybe some salsa.

@Brian W …it’s the cilantro, lol.
I can take a little bit in salsa…I actually like it in salsa… but that’s about it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W
Samosas with plenty of cilantro in them.

Sorry…can’t “like” that, lol. 🙃

@Brian W I've wondered about this for a long time...

I don't like cilantro because it tastes like soap to me- the food doesn't have a soapy, slippery feel- it's just the taste. I remember posting (over at VeggieBoards) in a recipe thread which had LOTS of cilantro, asking what cilantro tastes like to people who like it. I've heard people say it tastes "citrusy" and "fresh"- so I once substituted fresh parsley and lemon juice in a recipe that called for cilantro. It was good! But I have no idea if tasted the way it was supposed to. So I was wondering what it tastes like. But maybe this is like if I were red/green color-blind and I asked what "red" or "green" looked like.

@Brian W I've wondered about this for a long time...

I don't like cilantro because it tastes like soap to me- the food doesn't have a soapy, slippery feel- it's just the taste. I remember posting (over at VeggieBoards) in a recipe thread which had LOTS of cilantro, asking what cilantro tastes like to people who like it. I've heard people say it tastes "citrusy" and "fresh"- so I once substituted fresh parsley and lemon juice in a recipe that called for cilantro. It was good! But I have no idea if tasted the way it was supposed to. So I was wondering what it tastes like. But maybe this is like if I were red/green color-blind and I asked what "red" or "green" looked like.
I can't describe the taste because it is unique. It is a fresh taste but nothing like parsley or lemon. It adds a wonderful dimension to spicy foods.
EDIT: M has just told me that it's common for people who don't like it to say it tastes either like soap or like iron.