What are you craving?

I was craving a vegetable Jamaican pattie but my husband couldn't find one at the shop. He got me a vegan Quorn pasty instead. Hmm. Not the same!

I'm craving a cold beer, which is odd for me, since I rarely drink beer. I rarely drink at all for that matter. Nonetheless, here it is only 10:30 AM and I am wishing I had a cold beer. It could be the yard work that made me thirsty. lol

Btw, I won't be satiating this craving right now....at least not until this afternoon. I do have some friends coming over, but will likely make a non-alcoholic punch or no alcohol sangria type beverage for everyone.

I'm craving a cold beer, which is odd for me, since I rarely drink beer. I rarely drink at all for that matter.
I don't drink anymore either. But there is something about a cold beer. I'm sure its just a psychological thing. like nostalgia, or maybe habit.

Anyway, I've moved on to root beer or ginger beer.
I found this brand called Zevia which uses Stevia for a sweeter. and its clear without any food colorings. I'll drink one of those when I think I want a beer.
when I drank beer I sometimes had 2 or three or four. but I'll only have one of these. I'm thinking one can't be that bad for you - but more than one might be. Funny: that never occurred to me when I was drinking regular beer.

@Lou

I don't care for Zevia. Oddly, I find it too sweet.

As for any sort of party consumption, my days are long over. I simply cannot cope with hangovers anymore, which occured rather easily for me whenever I did drink.

I am pleased to say that I have never had issues with alcohol in my lifetime, fortunately. I mean, I have never once woke up and said "I need a drink". That doesn't mean I didn't party with the best of them back in my heydays. I did do a little bit of that.

Nowadays, I do really enjoy a dram of whisky on occasion. When I say dram, that is just one and one only! As for beer, that is an extremely rare occasion these days. Even with my silly craving the other day, I didn't have a beer or even a whisky. It just isn't a priority in my life. Luckily for me it never really was. I do love a good root beer though.

Reactions: PTree15
I don't drink anymore either. But there is something about a cold beer. I'm sure its just a psychological thing. like nostalgia, or maybe habit.
I think so, because I also crave a cold regular lager, which I used to drink, but really haven't liked it for years. The memory of enjoying it sticks with me.
What's funny is I like things I can't even find anymore! I loved Zima! (no, the DIY recipes, or the suggested alternatives don't satisfy 🙄 ) It came back a couple years ago. I miss it, and the lovely bottle
Aldi had a cranberry variety of their Wicked hard cider as a special. I bought a few 6 packs I just finished. I hope it comes around again. It was not at all sweet
I hate Zevia because I hate stevia.

Cheap Top Ramen soy sauce. I made the noodles from one of my sons stash with no chik'n broth, but it didn't satisfy.
I don't know that they make it anymore. I looked at the grocery I used to buy it from and they had none