What are you craving?

Houmous and carrots. I have the houmous but not the carrots!

dark chocolate raspberry jels--the kind I loved in assorted chocolate boxed. Probably Whitman as that was a popular gift.

Reactions: PTree15
I’m craving a St. Joseph’s pastry…I was half expecting Three Girls Creamery to concoct a vegan one. They already make a vegan cannoli filling and pretty sure I saw a vegan eclair one time. So that takes care of the two fillings that are used in St. Joseph’s pastries. 🙁

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I fancy a chip (fries) sandwich but my bread is frozen. I have left some slices out to thaw, but it will be a couple hours.😭

You must take your temperature KL!:D
Seriously lol. I think it’s coming off winter and the cold where I was seeking comfort foods and that always included sweets. Now that it’s warming up I feel the need for cool and refreshing. I guess that’s a good thing except for the fact that I can’t get decent produce. And everything is priced sky high here. I really don’t see how people on a strict budget can afford fresh fruits and vegetables. I’m fortunate in that I don’t have to be too strict. But it kills me to pay the money and get sub par quality.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
Seriously lol. I think it’s coming off winter and the cold where I was seeking comfort foods and that always included sweets. Now that it’s warming up I feel the need for cool and refreshing. I guess that’s a good thing except for the fact that I can’t get decent produce. And everything is priced sky high here. I really don’t see how people on a strict budget can afford fresh fruits and vegetables. I’m fortunate in that I don’t have to be too strict. But it kills me to pay the money and get sub par quality.

Vegetables and fruit are quite expensive over here in most hyper/super markets. Even more so in small grocery shops. The only
decent prices are in discount stores such as Lidl or Aldi. I also buy quite a lot of frozen veg especially during the winter months as
they are far cheaper compared to fresh ones.

Reactions: Andy_T and PTree15
$1.12 for one envy apple which at least have been tasty.
I tried $4 on a 3 lb bag of gala that were not good at all.
$.79 for a kiwi
$.87-1.15 for a pear
Maybe it’s me and these prices aren’t bad? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m just tired of apples and bananas. I need more variety. Heaven forbid I should want something different like an Asian pear at $1.99 each.
CF51E798-48D4-4F9E-A2F0-78A84A5F37BD.jpeg
I think I woke up cranky. Vischer is back home and I miss him oddly enough. That’s two unusual things for me…craving fresh fruits and vegetables and falling in love with a dog who isn’t a cat. Lol 😂

• Love
Reactions: Raven
$1.12 for one envy apple which at least have been tasty.
I tried $4 on a 3 lb bag of gala that were not good at all.
$.79 for a kiwi
$.87-1.15 for a pear
Maybe it’s me and these prices aren’t bad? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I’m just tired of apples and bananas. I need more variety. Heaven forbid I should want something different like an Asian pear at $1.99 each.
View attachment 26964
I think I woke up cranky. Vischer is back home and I miss him oddly enough. That’s two unusual things for me…craving fresh fruits and vegetables and falling in love with a dog who isn’t a cat. Lol 😂
I think the prices are high, too. I can't remember the last time I bought fresh blueberries or raspberries. I've been buying frozen.

Reactions: KLS52
I bought a 5 lb bag of grapefruits for 5.99. Bag of 5 and they were so good I wasn't mad!
Grocery shoppings no fun anymore :confused:
Small bunch of organic kale is 1.50
Grapes have been reasonable though
I've been sticking to frozen blueberries mostly, TJ's organic or boreal

Reactions: Andy_T and KLS52