What are you craving?

I'm going to have to settle for a burger, lentils and some French beans for dinner. I bought a pack of soya mince at the hypermarket and will make a small burger.

I think that a batch of savoury pies and pasties will be on my to do list, next week. ;)
I may make mine next week as well, especially if I decide to hit the Boston Veg Fest tomorrow. I have a head cold, so I'm not that motivated to do much right now. I will roast my squash, though, and make some soup for later. And drop biscuits. Those are easy and not very labor intensive.

Reactions: Val
I may make mine next week as well, especially if I decide to hit the Boston Veg Fest tomorrow. I have a head cold, so I'm not that motivated to do much right now. I will roast my squash, though, and make some soup for later. And drop biscuits. Those are easy and not very labor intensive.

Do you have an electric or gas cooker ?

I hope you feel better as common colds are so draining.:hug:

Do you have an electric or gas cooker ?

I hope you feel better as common colds are so draining.:hug:
Gas stove and oven. I love the gas stove, but I find baking can sometimes be a challenge in a gas oven. I think electric ovens spread the heat better. That said, I haven't had any real disasters, just a few less-than-ideal outcomes. :D

Thanks, yes, colds can be tiring for sure. I do feel a bit better this morning. Last night, I was really dragging. It's a shame I'm under the weather because it's a beautiful day! I would love to take a walk.

Gas stove and oven. I love the gas stove, but I find baking can sometimes be a challenge in a gas oven. I think electric ovens spread the heat better. That said, I haven't had any real disasters, just a few less-than-ideal outcomes. :D

Thanks, yes, colds can be tiring for sure. I do feel a bit better this morning. Last night, I was really dragging. It's a shame I'm under the weather because it's a beautiful day! I would love to take a walk.

I was only asking as during my stay in the UK & US both in the B&B and at my families' homes they all had gas. I absolutely hated cooking with gas and prefer my electric hob and oven. :sniff:
Moreover, it was the only thing that I was pleased to find when I got back here. :D

I was only asking as during my stay in the UK & US both in the B&B and at my families' homes they all had gas. I absolutely hated cooking with gas and prefer my electric hob and oven. :sniff:
Moreover, it was the only thing that I was pleased to find when I got back here. :D
LOL! I've only had a gas stove one other time, and I really do love it. I feel I can control the heat better with the flame than with an electric stove.

A savoury breakfast which unfortunately is vegetarian. :rolleyes:

I'm going to have to dig up some savoury and high protein recipes to make my meals for breakfast more tantalising. I really don't like
anything sweet in the morning such as cereal or bread due to the high carb content.

Which brand of pb cheese do you use ?
I like supermarket own brand best! Ocado has the best cheddar style imo however we shop at Tesco now & that's really good too. We get the 'mature cheddar' usually.

What's your favourite?

I like supermarket own brand best! Ocado has the best cheddar style imo however we shop at Tesco now & that's really good too. We get the 'mature cheddar' usually.

What's your favourite?

I really like Tesco's pb food and there cheese is tasty. I find that most of the supermarkets' own brand foods cheaper and often tastier
compared to the more expensive high brands' range.

I was also surprised by Aldi and Iceland's pb range. They are very good value for money and tasty.

Did you know that the UK was the country where most plant based foods where introduced in 2018 ? We really have the best supermarkets compared to lots of other countries.

So, all vegans should flood into the UK.😆

Reactions: PTree15 and Val