Watcha Drinkin?

It just occurred to me that we did have a drinking thread at some point but pretty sure it was for alcoholic beverages lol. Am I right?

I usually just drink water, but I made myself some strong, hot catnip tea yesterday at work. I don't own a tea ball, so I usually wind up eating a bit of the soggy tea leaves, even when I've strained a lot of them out. (I could get a tea ball, but don't think I'd use it much). I think I tried cold-brewing catnip tea one time and didn't like it. Monday of next week, I'll try letting it steep in room-temp water overnight.

I think my favorite tea is peppermint- which fortunately is very easy to grow- mostly you have to make sure it doesn't try to take over too much space, so I do my eating and weeding at the same time. But I've tried chamomile too, and like its delicately lemony taste and color. The only time I had it was when I had a chamomile tea bag and split the drink with my mother.
If you mentioned thinking about buying a tea ball to a few people I bet one would offer you theirs! Esp an older relative!
I have one, and do rarely use it, not sure If I'd give it away.....probably belonged to my grandmother!
I have to admit, I like tea in bags. My rooibos is in unbleached paper, no outer bags or tags

I love camomile, and have it often-have never thought it had any lemony taste though, just a very mild taste I couldn't describe

I always keep a separate cup for tea. Once I made coffee at work after having peppermint and not scrubbing it out, and did not like that!

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L.
I've never heard of that before!
It's hard to describe. It doesn't taste like the normal tea you get from Lipton, Red Rose, etc., but it's... savory, I guess?... Once I thought about describing it as somewhere between peppermint and oregano, but that's not it. Also, I haven't tried it with sugar or lemon. Humans have been drinking it for quite some time, although I don't suppose we like it nearly as much as cats do.

If you mentioned thinking about buying a tea ball to a few people I bet one would offer you theirs! Esp an older relative!
I have one, and do rarely use it, not sure If I'd give it away.....probably belonged to my grandmother!
I have to admit, I like tea in bags. My rooibos is in unbleached paper, no outer bags or tags

I love camomile, and have it often-have never thought it had any lemony taste though, just a very mild taste I couldn't describe

I always keep a separate cup for tea. Once I made coffee at work after having peppermint and not scrubbing it out, and did not like that!
I'm not sure where I first saw a tea ball- it was a LONG time ago. Though I'm sure the leaves won't make us sick if we swallow a few, a relatively clear beverage would be a bit nicer than some sort of catnip leaf soup. But I do like making it with leaves; the "dregs" are easy to compost- no strings, bags, or tags attached.

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
It's hard to describe. It doesn't taste like the normal tea you get from Lipton, Red Rose, etc., but it's... savory, I guess?... Once I thought about describing it as somewhere between peppermint and oregano, but that's not it. Also, I haven't tried it with sugar or lemon. Humans have been drinking it for quite some time, although I don't suppose we like it nearly as much as cats do.

I'm not sure where I first saw a tea ball- it was a LONG time ago. Though I'm sure the leaves won't make us sick if we swallow a few, a relatively clear beverage would be a bit nicer than some sort of catnip leaf soup. But I do like making it with leaves; the "dregs" are easy to compost- no strings, bags, or tags attached.
Bet you can find one at a thrift store pretty easy if no one wants to gift you theirs! :up:
I'm just thinking what you use to strain it into a cup! Oh, I have a old strainer that does have a pointy bottom come to think about it.
I have so many kitchen things I'd never part with, they all get used even if rarely

@silva Actually, I usually just fish the leaves out with a spoon, skimming the ones floating on top and scooping the ones at the bottom. I think we had some sort of strainer when I was still living with my parents, but I forget what Mom used it for. As I recall, it was kind of old-looking, although it was clean and usable, not rusty. I guess my family had its own collection of seldom-used kitchen gadgets.

I usually just drink water, but I made myself some strong, hot catnip tea yesterday at work. I don't own a tea ball, so I usually wind up eating a bit of the soggy tea leaves, even when I've strained a lot of them out. (I could get a tea ball, but don't think I'd use it much). I think I tried cold-brewing catnip tea one time and didn't like it. Monday of next week, I'll try letting it steep in room-temp water overnight.

I think my favorite tea is peppermint- which fortunately is very easy to grow- mostly you have to make sure it doesn't try to take over too much space, so I do my eating and weeding at the same time. But I've tried chamomile too, and like its delicately lemony taste and color. The only time I had it was when I had a chamomile tea bag and split the drink with my mother.
I had peppermint tea for the first time last month. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised but I was. I really liked it.
Good Earth makes an peppermint herbal blend - its my favorite now

I am drinking a smoothie. Orange, mango and pineapple juice with strawberries, bananas, and Clear Protein.
So good.

Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
I have a silicon tea infuser. its great. But most of the teas I buy come in bags. but I don't shy away from loose leaf.

I'll have to look for that Good Earth- I like peppermint, but sometimes it's too much. I don't like mint and fruit though, so if it's that, it's a nope
I have some mixed fruit hibiscus that has peppermint- the mint ruined it for me
I'm not sure what I'd like with mint?

I'd bought my son orange juice a couple weeks ago, and it's been unopened till now- I'm having a glass.
Lou's smoothie sounds good!

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
I have a silicon tea infuser. its great. But most of the teas I buy come in bags. but I don't shy away from loose leaf.
Same here on the loose leaf. I also get some in bags as well. I enjoy both.
Right now, I'm enjoying some Jameson on the rocks.

Reactions: KLS52
Red wine and maybe a shot of whiskey in a bit.

That made me chuckle.

I'm guessing when you say "whiskey" you mean a bourbon whiskey? Not that I'm even remotely a grammar Nazi, but it's the spelling that makes me wonder. I personally enjoy the odd American whiskey, but generally stick to scotch whisky. I think the word whiskey also might include Irish whiskey, but it's been a while since I bartended.