Watcha Drinkin?

So I attempted to make those hot chocolate bombs. Let me just say it was a disaster. I ended up with two out of six. I think that even though I did too coats in the molds, they were still too thin so they broke when I took them out of the molds. But I had one now and it was really good. I will not however be doing them again. It’s not worth the trouble because it was a lot of work.
View attachment 26223

They look sweet.

You need at least 3 layers of chocolate and need to wait 20 minutes in between.

Reactions: KLS52
They look sweet.

You need at least 3 layers of chocolate and need to wait 20 minutes in between.
Yeah, I followed a YouTube video that said two. I think I also used a brush with the wrong kind of bristles. Some only used one coat and just moved the mold around until all of it was coated. I’m sure I didn’t use enough chocolate. I gave the molds back to my daughter. I wanted to try again but now that the holidays are over, the novelty wore off. I may do them again next year just for fun. Sometimes failure is helpful because you know what to do/not do next time.

If you make your own cocoa mix you can make them less sweet. And even omit the marshmallows. Personally, while I love hot chocolate I rarely drink it because…calories. I’d rather eat extra food/snack if I’m going to indulge haha.

My morning coffee. 🙂
I’m both happy and annoyed that the new big y has my decaf espresso and is fully stocked with Peet’s and Starbucks. The annoyance is that the only option is to go into the store which I prefer not to do. They don’t offer curbside pickup which kind of surprises me. But I’ll go in maybe twice a month to grab stuff I can’t get from the other stores with my curbside pickup.

It still baffles me how big y is fully stocked yet stop and shop’s inventory is exhausted of so many things.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I'm sipping water, but I soon will make a cocktail. I'm not sure what I want yet. Maybe a Tanqueray and tonic or vodka and cranberry juice. Or something with peach Schnapps. I'm out of Jameson, sadly. That' what I really want, haha.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
My usual Friday evening dram of scotch. I'm just about finished my bottle of Laphroaig. I'm thinking about buying a bottle of locally made single malt. It's always a gamble spending that kind of money on a bottle, which you may or may not really like. The range in taste profiles with whisky is massive. I'd like to call myself a connoisseur, but I've barely skimmed the surface with whisky tasting. It's a hobby I do enjoy, but surely can't afford. At least nothing older than an 18 year old, and even that's a rare once a year treat.

My usual Friday evening dram of scotch. I'm just about finished my bottle of Laphroaig. I'm thinking about buying a bottle of locally made single malt. It's always a gamble spending that kind of money on a bottle, which you may or may not really like. The range in taste profiles with whisky is massive. I'd like to call myself a connoisseur, but I've barely skimmed the surface with whisky tasting. It's a hobby I do enjoy, but surely can't afford. At least nothing older than an 18 year old, and even that's a rare once a year treat.

Sounds like you are a connoisseur! As a side note....I'm in Australia but lived in Vancouver for 12 years. 2002 - 2014.

Zevia Ginger Root Beer.
This is what I drink instead of beer nowadays.

I should get some Hibiscus tea for Sunday. I think Rams/niners is going to be crazy

I thought it was going to be Niners/Bucs for a while. We could've had a little VF rivalry.

Zevia Ginger Root Beer.
This is what I drink instead of beer nowadays.

I should get some Hibiscus tea for Sunday. I think Rams/niners is going to be crazy

I thought it was going to be Niners/Bucs for a while. We could've had a little VF rivalry.
I'm so looking forward to this game. Jimmy G. was a Patriot (my team), and Matt Stafford suffered a long time in Detroit with crappy teams, so I'm really curious as to how this one will play out. The last game these two had together was crazy! Niners won both regular-season games, but it's hard to get the sweep. We'll see! I'll be happy either way.