- 120g walnuts
- 80g minced shallots
- 120g vegan butter
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 120g crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 120g portobellini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1.Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Toast for 10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned.
2.In a large saute pan, cook shallots in butter over medium heat until translucent. Then add chopped mushrooms, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
3.Process toasted walnuts and olive oil in a blender or food processor until mixture forms a thick paste. Spoon in the cooked mushroom mixture, and process to desired texture.
4.Pack mixture into well-oiled ramekins or bowl. Cover with cling film, and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.