VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016

Absolutely outstanding, PTree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do this again, we should make it a weekend-long thing... no pressure to cook on just ONE day. I thought about baked goods (or anything made in the oven), but the weather is getting warmer, for most of us....
What about something like CROCKAPALOOZA....?? :weird: LMAO

Yes, I will be up for another cook-fest.:) It made me make some effort with cooking instead of just eating toast, pasta or soup like I do usually.:D

Reactions: Freesia
After folding in the baby arugula.... almost there, lost final pic somehow, gotta resend it....
photoalbum_493791608_user70471033-r7547439.jpg

Absolutely outstanding, PTree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awwww, thank you, KLS. I have decided going forward that every quiche must now include potatoes. :D This was beyond delicious! It also helped that I roasted the asparagus with salt, pepper and rosemary before putting it in the quiche. Omg. Delicious.

Awwww, thank you, KLS. I have decided going forward that every quiche must now include potatoes. :D This was beyond delicious! It also helped that I roasted the asparagus with salt, pepper and rosemary before putting it in the quiche. Omg. Delicious.
I don't even like tofu and what you described sounds worthy of the gods.... LOL :drool:

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
Well, compared to all these absolutely gorgeous pics you folks have posted, my completed dish looks like a pile of slop. LMAO :p Albeit, some really damn tasty slop.... YUM, INDEED!! :lick:

photoalbum_493792223_user70471033-r8637321.jpg

Loaded breakfast potato hash with mushroom gravy.... all from scratch, totally vegan, & uber-healthy with only 2 twists of the sea salt grinder! LOL :up:

@IamJen had no idea she was going to contribute something to the VV Cook-fest, I only told her once she'd put the food on the table :)

Here's what we had for our Saturday brekkie today - simple stuff compared to what others have posted, but oh well :) Wholewheat bread with raisins and walnuts, baked beans, stir-fried veggies and vegan sausages, glass of Oatly (oat milk) for myself, cup of almond milk for Jen, chocolate milk for little miss Summer, cups of fruit pieces (plums and pear). Also the usual condiments and bread spreads - ketchup, soft soya cheese, margarine, jam, vegan pâté etc.

View attachment 9225
I need to try beans with toast. I think I would like that.

They were meant to be snickerdoodles, but they puffed up and didn't flatten back down like they're supposed to, so they're kind of a cross between a cookie and a scone :rofl: pretty perfect for brunch, though - and still tasty!
I've had puffy snickerdoodles before! :D And "snickerdoodles" is a word I occasionally use in lieu of more offensive language....
"Ohhhh, puffy snickerdoodles!!" Yeah, I like it. :cool: LMAO

PTree15 that is a really nice table setting! We don't even HAVE a table! We just eat at our computer desks! :D
Jeremy is in the process of making a new chili recipe from "Appetite for Reduction." My tummy is growling already!