VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016

@IamJen had no idea she was going to contribute something to the VV Cook-fest, I only told her once she'd put the food on the table :)

Here's what we had for our Saturday brekkie today - simple stuff compared to what others have posted, but oh well :) Wholewheat bread with raisins and walnuts, baked beans, stir-fried veggies and vegan sausages, glass of Oatly (oat milk) for myself, cup of almond milk for Jen, chocolate milk for little miss Summer, cups of fruit pieces (plums and pear). Also the usual condiments and bread spreads - ketchup, soft soya cheese, margarine, jam, vegan pâté etc.

cookfest-2016-800x.jpg

@IamJen had no idea she was going to contribute something to the VV Cook-fest, I only told her once she'd put the food on the table :)

Here's what we had for our Saturday brekkie today - simple stuff compared to what others have posted, but oh well :) Wholewheat bread with raisins and walnuts, baked beans, stir-fried veggies and vegan sausages, glass of Oatly (oat milk) for myself, cup of almond milk for Jen, chocolate milk for little miss Summer, cups of fruit pieces (plums and pear). Also the usual condiments and bread spreads - ketchup, soft soya cheese, margarine, jam, vegan pâté etc.

View attachment 9225
Everything looks great--especially Little Miss Summer! [emoji178]

Reactions: KLS52
Wow, everything in this thread looks amazing! I am working on my brunch-themed meal, which I may get to eat around 3 p.m. eastern time, lol. Mercifully, I didn't have to work today, but last night was another late one, so I'm wingin' it, as I didn't get a chance to shop. My plan is to have tofu quiche (asparagus, onions and potatoes) and some sort of baked treat with blueberries. I can't decide whether I want muffins or cupcakes or coffee cake, lol. I will be sure to post pics. I just finished roasting the asparagus and I have to make the crust. :)

Wow, everything in this thread looks amazing! I am working on my brunch-themed meal, which I may get to eat around 3 p.m. eastern time, lol. Mercifully, I didn't have to work today, but last night was another late one, so I'm wingin' it, as I didn't get a chance to shop. My plan is to have tofu quiche (asparagus, onions and potatoes) and some sort of baked treat with blueberries. I can't decide whether I want muffins or cupcakes or coffee cake, lol. I will be sure to post pics. I just finished roasting the asparagus and I have to make the crust. :)

How do you make your pastry ? I absolutely love pastry.:D

How do you make your pastry ? I absolutely love pastry.:D
I use my aunt's recipe that she calls foolproof pie crust. It calls for an egg, but I just EnerG egg replacer, and a bit of cider vinegar along with the usual ingredients of flour and shortening. I use it for pot pies, quiches, apple pie. It's a wonderful crust. I will post the recipe if you are interested. :)

I use my aunt's recipe that she calls foolproof pie crust. It calls for an egg, but I just EnerG egg replacer, and a bit of cider vinegar along with the usual ingredients of flour and shortening. I use it for pot pies, quiches, apple pie. It's a wonderful crust. I will post the recipe if you are interested. :)

I see. I just use 1/2 fat to flour, a pinch of salt and iced water. For sweet pastry I add a little sweetener.

OMG, all your meals look TREMENDOUS, you guys!! :jump: I'm gonna get my butt in the kitchen in just a sec.... unfortunately, we'll have to wait for the big munchie-shot until I get over to Jerry's this evening... he's my guinea pig. LOL :p

@Indian Summer -- That's my favorite Muppet, by the way.... :hug:

image.jpeg Eating... The first piece always gets mangled, lol.
I also have some leftover stuffed grape leaves, with the tofu quiche and cinnamon blueberry coffee cake. I am not a big fan of champagne or orange juice, so I have a lovely Pinot noir in place of a samosa. :)

Same here.... ;)
photoalbum_493787970_user70471033-r3054476.jpg

1/2 cup red bell pepper, 1 cup tomato, 1 cup onion, 1 & 1/2 pounds of potatoes, all chopped/diced & ready to rock! :hh:

View attachment 9234 Eating... The first piece always gets mangled, lol.
I also have some leftover stuffed grape leaves, with the tofu quiche and cinnamon blueberry coffee cake. I am not a big fan of champagne or orange juice, so I have a lovely Pinot noir in place of a samosa. :)

:lick: I have to make a quiche one of these days. Lovely dining table as well.

Reactions: ledboots
Everyone's so formal! :blush:

Hey, while the taters are cooking, I just wanna say thank you.... I dig this global cooking vibe we've got goin' on. :up:

If we do this again, we should make it a weekend-long thing... no pressure to cook on just ONE day. I thought about baked goods (or anything made in the oven), but the weather is getting warmer, for most of us....
What about something like CROCKAPALOOZA....?? :weird: LMAO

Everyone's so formal! :blush:

Hey, while the taters are cooking, I just wanna say thank you.... I dig this global cooking vibe we've got goin' on. :up:

If we do this again, we should make it a weekend-long thing... no pressure to cook on just ONE day. I thought about baked goods (or anything made in the oven), but the weather is getting warmer, for most of us....
What about something like CROCKAPALOOZA....?? :weird: LMAO
Lol, not formal, I just like a nice table. I get it from my mom. As poor as we were for a time while growing up, my mom made the table as elegant as she could. I always felt special when she did this, as if we were dining in some fancy restaurant.