What about a communal cook-fest?? (May 21st)

I was going to do part of the process on Saturday and then the other part on Sunday morning... so I will probably be last to finish my dish.. still not sure what to make. Will browse some vegan websites.

So this week is the final push for all the craziness at work, and I am most likely working 12 days in a row starting tomorrow, which means my participation is unlikely. I will try, though, as I do need to eat.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
I got all my stuff for Saturday!! :jump:
photoalbum_493646353_user70471033-r9367043.jpg

Well, everything except the nooch.... gotta go to Discount Health Foods & get their quite reasonably priced bulk nooch. ;)

So can we make ANYTHING? Not just a main dish but appetizer or dessert? Like anything? Just wondering and I'm too lazy to back read the whole thread haha.

Is it for Saturday, Sunday or both, in order to accommodate time zones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Freesia
If I get to participate I'm thinking of making my Thai Curry Vegetable stew with red lentils.

I have a pretty full day on Saturday so I'm not sure I can do it then...I'll be at a free beer tasting! But I should have time on Sunday.

So guys, I have decided to make Paella- havent made it for ages. Making enough to last me several days. Not really brunch-y but have had a lot of stupid stuff going on lately and havent been able to decide on something brunch like.

So can we make ANYTHING? Not just a main dish but appetizer or dessert? Like anything? Just wondering and I'm too lazy to back read the whole thread haha.

Is it for Saturday, Sunday or both, in order to accommodate time zones?

Well, I think the "theme" is brunch.... so, YEAH! If it can work for either breakfast or lunch, go for it! ;)
Cook-Fest is Saturday, but I'm gonna make the gravy for my dish tomorrow afternoon (which will be several hours later for some).... the hope/goal/idea, I guess is just to get some friends across the globe to all be cooking on the same day(ish), with the same vibe, think of our fellow veg-heads, share pics of progress/completion/consumption, share what music we're listening to in the kitchen, what tasty aromas are driving us mad....

It was just a silly, yet harmless idea I had. I mean, the majority of us cook.... why not try to cook simultaneously & make it a "community" thing? Or close to it... LOL

So guys, I have decided to make Paella- havent made it for ages. Making enough to last me several days. Not really brunch-y but have had a lot of stupid stuff going on lately and havent been able to decide on something brunch like.
Would you eat paella for lunch? You would? Then it's "brunch-like"... and super nummy! You go, Freesia!! :hh:

I've ordered the food to arrive today. I'm not making anything particularly exciting, but it is all from scratch.:)

ETA - Are we supposed to post the pictures of the food we make on this thread or are you starting a new one?:dance:

Last edited:
Well, I think the "theme" is brunch.... so, YEAH! If it can work for either breakfast or lunch, go for it! ;)
Cook-Fest is Saturday, but I'm gonna make the gravy for my dish tomorrow afternoon (which will be several hours later for some).... the hope/goal/idea, I guess is just to get some friends across the globe to all be cooking on the same day(ish), with the same vibe, think of our fellow veg-heads, share pics of progress/completion/consumption, share what music we're listening to in the kitchen, what tasty aromas are driving us mad....

It was just a silly, yet harmless idea I had. I mean, the majority of us cook.... why not try to cook simultaneously & make it a "community" thing? Or close to it... LOL
Thanks for the info! [emoji4]

Reactions: ledboots