What about a communal cook-fest?? (May 21st)

Indeed, Saturday works much better for me given my work schedule. I probably can shop after work on Friday and do as much prep as I can squeeze in during the week. It's going to be my deadline week, so it'll be crazy hours-wise. :D
Oh! :dismay: Don't wreck yourself for this, hon! Pick an easy dish to prepare.... or a tried-and-true one you could practically make in your sleep. LOL ;)

Reactions: ledboots
I'm trying to decide what to make already.... I think I've found something then something else strikes my fancy.... I do believe I've decided to go with potatoes, though. I thought about mini-frittatas that Jer could eat, but I'd like to eat some o' this sh*t, too, dammit... and I don't do eggs anymore, except as maybe a binder or when it's in my beloved ranch dressing. Don't judge me. LOL :rolleyes:

Was gonna go global with a Costa Rican potato dish, but it seems it might be a little on the dry side.... then I stumbled upon this... lots of prep (& I'm not gonna go with coconut oil), but it looks sooo good!! :lick:
Loaded Breakfast Potatoes- Father's Day, Anyone? | Vegan Yack Attack

I've been wanting to make these...Recipage — Oh She Glows

9d7a6a57d24303f0b2fdf19c7c18d01f.jpg

Plus maybe some fakin' bacon. :)

That does sound like fun. I would join in if we do this. :) I will probably be the person making the easiest dish.:p

I used to cook a lot more a few years ago, but I have become very lazy. I am not a great cook, but I'm at all snobby when it comes to food and I usually eat everything I make.:D
I'll probably be making something even easier... if I get off my but to make anything at all. I might have made my homemade salt-free bread, but I've stopped baking for the season.

I already decided what to make while I was watching The Walking Dead yesterday.:p

Tofu and ackee scramble and I might make a loaf of homemade bread! Breakfast is often my favourite meal of the day.

I really don't bother to cook much so you all might give me inspiration.<3
"TWD"... interesting inspiration for food. Does tofu-ackee scramble look anything like brains? :p

It's possible that I won't be able to take part, as apparently I have to work. :(
I will find out for sure in the next week or so.

I am not sure if I can time it exactly with everyone else as my time zone is different than others, but I can start cooking about 8 or 9am... that would put me kind of in line... I could make something like vegan Huevo Rancheros, or a gratin of some sort, or perhaps a Paella...

I am not sure if I can time it exactly with everyone else as my time zone is different than others, but I can start cooking about 8 or 9am... that would put me kind of in line... I could make something like vegan Huevo Rancheros, or a gratin of some sort, or perhaps a Paella...
Yay, it will be even more fun with you aboard! :)

Reactions: KLS52 and Freesia
I have become extremely commitment phobic over the last few years but I am keeping an eye on this thread. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay, Freesia!! So glad you're on board! :jump: We goin' GLOBAL up in dis b*tch!! :p
Ooooh, I'm getting excited for this! I've gotta get through Star Wars Day first, though. LOL

One week to our brunchtastic cook-fest!! :D When are folks doing their shopping for stuff? I thought I'd go Friday... was planning to cook the gravy in advance on Friday night (I might be cookin' with Freesia then! :smile:), and rock everything out on Saturday....

Reactions: ledboots and KLS52