What about a communal cook-fest?? (May 21st)

I'm a gonna make vegan blueberry scones. And maybe banana pecan pancakes too!

So as far as the concept - shall we try to cook at or about the same time, or maybe have a few days to a week to make a dish and take pictures and then all post on the same day? Is that generally what you had in mind MS?

This sounds like fun!

I already decided what to make while I was watching The Walking Dead yesterday.:p

Tofu and ackee scramble and I might make a loaf of homemade bread! Breakfast is often my favourite meal of the day.

I really don't bother to cook much so you all might give me inspiration.<3

I'm a gonna make vegan blueberry scones. And maybe banana pecan pancakes too!

So as far as the concept - shall we try to cook at or about the same time, or maybe have a few days to a week to make a dish and take pictures and then all post on the same day? Is that generally what you had in mind MS?

This sounds like fun!
I was thinking the same thing about posting pics as well, right before we dig in.
I think I want to make vegan ginger scones and maybe tempeh bacon to go along with either tofu scramble or lemon-blueberry pancakes or maybe some sort of casserole or quiche. This is making me hungry, lol. :D

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Oh, absolutely.... I kinda wanted to finish up crap for the theatre first. LOL

---- What are folks thinking of making?? What day(s) of the weeks are typically best for everyone to have a couple/few hours to cook??

Can't find any sort of International Breakfast/Brunch Day or Global Cooking Day.... It's a little ways off, but there IS Food Revolution Day on May 20th (it's a Friday, though).... Just thought this idea might be more fun if it actually coincided with a DECENT one, although I have no opinion whatsoever on Jamie Oliver. LOL :D
Holding Page - Food Revolution Day 2015 <---- just noticed this, but it actually says 2016 on the page

In my online travels I also found some breakfast recipes from around the globe.... sooo much yum! :lick: | Search Results | Global Table Adventure

Can't find any sort of International Breakfast/Brunch Day or Global Cooking Day.... It's a little ways off, but there IS Food Revolution Day on May 20th (it's a Friday, though).... Just thought this idea might be more fun if it actually coincided with a DECENT one, although I have no opinion whatsoever on Jamie Oliver. LOL :D
Holding Page - Food Revolution Day 2015 <---- just noticed this, but it actually says 2016 on the page

In my online travels I also found some breakfast recipes from around the globe.... sooo much yum! :lick: | Search Results | Global Table Adventure
My birthday is Food Revolution Day? How excellent!!!!

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
So.... 20th or 21st of May, which is it? Where is everyone from again? On this page, just scrolling I see mid-to-east U.S. & the U.K. It's a ways off, but we might wanna figure out time-zone crap fairly soon. Any other takers?? :cool:

I might be over-thinking this.... I often do, and it just gets me more flustered & scattered. LOL :rolleyes:

At the moment, I'd say get all the food shopping done by May 20th & we'll be cookin' the crap out of brunch on the 21st.... the whole Food Revolution Day thing is cool, but the consensus was that Saturday was best for everyone. I, for one, plan to shop on the 20th (so everything's fresh), I'll wish total strangers "Happy Food Revolution Day!" and mention our little project here.... Communal Cook-Fest awareness!! LMAO :p

Indeed, Saturday works much better for me given my work schedule. I probably can shop after work on Friday and do as much prep as I can squeeze in during the week. It's going to be my deadline week, so it'll be crazy hours-wise. :D