VeggieViews Communal Cook-Fest!! - May 21st, 2016

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
Brand-spanking-new thread! Post your pics here, cook-festers! Let's see what ya bought, what you're preppin', what you're cookin', what ya do while you're waitin'.... LOL :p And let's see those brunchtastic creations!! :chef:

Here's my post-grocery haul (from previous thread)....

photoalbum_493646353_user70471033-r9367043.jpg

I'll be making Loaded Breakfast Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy, from Vegan Yack Attack... with a few exceptions/substitutions, i.e. evoo instead of coconut oil, baby arugula AND spinach, Wondra flour instead of corn starch, & no liquid aminos.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Freesia's haul (and company) :)

DSCN8694_zpszi0xjkqh.jpg

Hey, Freesia! Whatcha gonna make??

Last edited:
I'm gonna start on the mushroom gravy shortly, just in case it needs any tweaking tomorrow.... public radio has an hour of jazz at 2, then Science Friday at 3, Fresh Air at 4, All Things Considered at 5.... I won't lack for listening material. Tomorrow is a different matter entirely. LOL :rolleyes:

Groovy gravy? Check.

photoalbum_493723040_user70471033-r9176342.jpg

Additional spices: Rosemary, thyme, dill, parsley, sage, & Mrs. Dash... and a bay leaf for overnight. ;)

Well, that's done! Catch you crazy cook-festers here tomorrow! Woo-hoo!! :jump:
Wow, that looks awesome!

Wow, that looks awesome!
Smelled amazing, too... and it's vegan! I'm just a strict vegetarian, but I figured I'd go total vegan for this recipe.... in the spirit of community & togetherness & blah, blah, blah.... not that I think it matters... I'm just happy to be simultaneously making nummy brunchy stuff with my global friends here. ;) Very excited for tomorrow.... but it's later today for some! LOL
HAPPY COMMUNAL COOK-FEST!! Cook with love & think of the rest of us doing the same.... :hugs:

I'll be back in several hours, after I eat & sleep & stuff.... LOL :p

Last edited:
I've started cooking now as it is 11 am here in the UK. I will put the pictures up when it is ready.:ma:

This is what I'm making to eat.

Tofu Scrambled Eggs - Fork and Beans
Easy Vegan CRACK Breakfast Potatoes - Girl and the Kitchen
Overnight Savory Breakfast Mushrooms [Vegan] | One Green Planet

Strawberry lemon breakfast pizza for dessert, well it is brunch so you can have dessert with brunch.:yes:

Strawberry Lemon-Cream Pie Breakfast Pizza » Clean and Healthy Eating Recipes by Two College Athletes

I've started cooking now as it is 11 am here in the UK. I will put the pictures up when it is ready.:ma:

This is what I'm making to eat.

Tofu Scrambled Eggs - Fork and Beans
Easy Vegan CRACK Breakfast Potatoes - Girl and the Kitchen
Overnight Savory Breakfast Mushrooms [Vegan] | One Green Planet

Strawberry lemon breakfast pizza for dessert, well it is brunch so you can have dessert with brunch.:yes:

Strawberry Lemon-Cream Pie Breakfast Pizza » Clean and Healthy Eating Recipes by Two College Athletes

Can I come over ?:D

Reactions: ledboots
Yum. I'm just having a nice cup of Earl Grey tea after eating all of that.:D

The marinated mushrooms were gorgeous!:lick: I wish I had made more of them but I wasn't sure if I would like them because of the maple syrup.

20160521_114414_zps2iumwxcz.jpg

The strawberry pizza was also lovely, it tasted a bit like cheesecake to me. I made two small ones instead of one large as I hadn't made it before and I wasn't sure if the base would burn if it was too thin.

20160521_112112_zpsdkwuu80h.jpg

Well done, Moll! The strawberry pizza is especially appealing to me. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yum. I'm just having a nice cup of Earl Grey tea after eating all of that.:D

The marinated mushrooms were gorgeous!:lick: I wish I had made more of them but I wasn't sure if I would like them because of the maple syrup.

20160521_114414_zps2iumwxcz.jpg

The strawberry pizza was also lovely, it tasted a bit like cheesecake to me. I made two small ones instead of one large as I hadn't made it before and I wasn't sure if the base would burn if it was too thin.

20160521_112112_zpsdkwuu80h.jpg

That looks beautiful. Well done Molls.

I was inspired to make a brunchy/desserty/breakfasty dish so here it is. Not my official entry, but a just in case I can't get back here to do the Thai Curry Vegetable Stew.

Whole wheat pancakes with bourbon barrel maple syrup and a dollop of coconut whipped cream, a sprinkling of glazed pecans with a cherry on top! It was outstandingly delicious!
b8c137668ddc7138562710c75222fb55.jpg

I was inspired to make a brunchy/desserty/breakfasty dish so here it is. Not my official entry, but a just in case I can't get back here to do the Thai Curry Vegetable Stew.

Whole wheat pancakes with bourbon barrel maple syrup and a dollop of coconut whipped cream, a sprinkling of glazed pecans with a cherry on top! It was outstandingly delicious!

Gorgeous. They look like giant pancakes.:up:

They look absolutely delicious.:drool: