Vegetable Gardening

Just when I thought I might be able to salvage a few of my garden plants this year, Husband went and scheduled our termite prevention spray for next week.

So so tomatoes or peppers this year, after all. The eggplant has just started making fruit, too.

:(

Just when I thought I might be able to salvage a few of my garden plants this year, Husband went and scheduled our termite prevention spray for next week.

So so tomatoes or peppers this year, after all. The eggplant has just started making fruit, too.

:(

So much sadness in these gardens. :sob:

Wicking to water plants is tha bomb. we went on vacation and wicked our plants and when we came home they grew tons. do it.

Looking forward to starting a garden at some point in the near future. Need to familiarize myself with what grows when here in SWFL...

Looking forward to starting a garden at some point in the near future. Need to familiarize myself with what grows when here in SWFL...
Hi, I'm in Florida, too. Basically, we plant in fall, harvest in spring. We do have more than one season here for some plants, but seeds in the fall, harvest in May in general. This site has a great list month by month of what to plant in south Florida (zone 10.) http://myearthprints.com/2010/01/25/vegetable-planting-guide-by-month-for-south-florida/

Thanks for the website led.boots. I know they are always growing something in the fields a little east of here (think tomatoes and citrus) so hopefully we can grow a little garden. Looking forward to it as I haven't had a real vegetable garden in ages.

And Uno... By wicking do you mean using a cord/string to pull water into the garden like you would an oil lamp? I was thinking more on the lines of drip irrigation. :cool:

Thanks for the website led.boots. I know they are always growing something in the fields a little east of here (think tomatoes and citrus) so hopefully we can grow a little garden. Looking forward to it as I haven't had a real vegetable garden in ages.

And Uno... By wicking do you mean using a cord/string to pull water into the garden like you would an oil lamp? I was thinking more on the lines of drip irrigation. :cool:

correct. works so well as the plant does the work. our flowers and such have never looked better. ball globes work as well..., but are more expensive.

I am just starting my adventures in vegetable gardening. I have zucchini and tomato plants that are growing nicely. I have buds and one flower that has opened on the zucchini. I learned last night the method to sex the zucchini flowers to pollinate, so that zucchini vegetables will grow. I also have many different types of peppers, lettuces and herbs sprouting. I am learning this as I am going. I am enjoying it quite a bit. I also discovered today that I have leaf miners on my plants. From what I read. it said pick the affected leaves and throw them off the property then get an organic neem oil spray and spray the plants. I will get the spray soon.