Vegans can get sick too

Krish Jay

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi guys,

I saw a few posts on people feeling under-the-weather and once I like you thought that if we are eating so many fruits and vegetables - why are we getting sick?

The video that illuminated the issue for me is this:

Dr. Michael Greger talks about why a 40 year vegan dies of a heart attack and all about omega 3's and B12 nutrition and why these two nutrients are so important to all vegans and everyone else.

Warning: Dr M. Greger has a voice that is an acquired taste, but the information is Gold, please don't discard it!

Vitamin B12 is an absolute Must for vegans... they are very cheap and you don't need much at all... please don't mess around with it, it is just a small tablet.

I also take an vegan Omega-3 supplement called Opti3 which I took from Amazon. Technically we could get this from flaxseeds and other sources but the absorption rate of those foods is very low.

Have a good day :)

Hey Krish Jay. I haven't seen the video but I'm glad you are open to supplements like I am. I can often be found here trying to nudge people into making sure they are taking proper care of themselves because, when I was a newbie, I made some pretty severe mistakes (fuelled mostly by the belief that the vegan diet was surely absolutely perfect in any shape or form).

It's good timing - only yesterday Timothy Shieff (vegan UK athlete) uploaded a YouTube video of getting a B12 injection in his derrière. Ouch. So it's always good to see solidarity on this front, and that caution and natural diets can (and should) co-exist. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krish Jay
Hah, I just saw the video... funny.

I would not go as far as to inject my own derrier with B12! But I absolutely agree that there is nothing wrong with supplementing if it helps us