Veganism is not inherently the most ethical life style.

There's no internet off grid 🙄

Are you disputing our rebuttals?
Well you posted that you think my claim of people here seeing this post as an attack is "funny" why exactly do you find this to be "funny"?

This was never an argument against veganism, I just don't think we should support companies that produce meat products.
Maybe not, however, your original post made it sound like you questioned the Vegan lifestyle...

Grow your own food!
I live in an apartment with Very little sun it is just not possible...
Also many of the people on here work full time so also not always possible...
You probably live at home still, do you grow all of your own food?

Reactions: silva
Well you posted that you think my claim of people here seeing this post as an attack is "funny" why exactly do you find this to be "funny"?
We're not 'politely hiding our anger', but your claims and biased view sound much like so many conversations we have with omni's

• Agree
Reactions: 1956
We're not 'politely hiding our anger', but your claims and biased view sound much like so many conversations we have with omni's
How so? I'm not criticizing the vegan lifestyle, I'm only saying that we can do better.

Thanks for proving my point.
How so? I'm not criticizing the vegan lifestyle, I'm only saying that we can do better.
Yes, of course...
And most of us here are trying to do better...
You were criticising how some of us shop, to me the Most important thing is that they are buying Vegan food where they buy it matters far less...

• Agree
Reactions: David3 and silva
Why do vegans eat things that simulate meat and dairy? Those vegetables are grown in manure-that's not vegan. Do you know how many bugs and animals get killed by combines? What about your car? Isn't oil an animal product?

There isn't really a "we" in being vegan. Being vegan doesn't mean you want to get back to nature--it means you're against the exploitation of animals and are dedicated to avoiding that in your own life. It doesn't mean you grown your own vegetables or make your own clothes. It doesn't mean anything but you avoid the use of animals really.
Trying to police vegans isn't going to grow the movement.

• Agree
How is growing your own food and only supporting vegan shops going to change the billion dollar food industry?
How is that helping factory bred animals?

• Agree
Why do vegans eat things that simulate meat and dairy? Those vegetables are grown in manure-that's not vegan. Do you know how many bugs and animals get killed by combines? What about your car? Isn't oil an animal product?

There isn't really a "we" in being vegan. Being vegan doesn't mean you want to get back to nature--it means you're against the exploitation of animals and are dedicated to avoiding that in your own life. It doesn't mean you grown your own vegetables or make your own clothes. It doesn't mean anything but you avoid the use of animals really.
Trying to police vegans isn't going to grow the movement.
I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying what I've found out, you can do whatever, while my personal philosophy involves the return to nature.

How is growing your own food and only supporting vegan shops going to change the billion dollar food industry?
How is that helping factory bred animals?
It doesn't support it, and even if it does very little good it's still better than supporting the very people who torture animals for profit.

When I was living in France my husband and I did grow Lots of our own food...
We also did much of our shopping at the local privately owned health food shop and at the weekly farmers market...
However, we were not off grid or having no negative impact on the environment...
That lifestyle though is not possible for me here in Ireland and as a 64 year old widow I just do the best I can...

Reactions: David3
I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying what I've found out, you can do whatever, while my personal philosophy involves the return to nature.
What is your personal philosophy?
It has sounded like you have been telling us that how we are living our lives we are not being “good” Vegans or perhaps not good enough in your view any way...

What is your personal philosophy?
It has sounded like you have been telling us that how we are living our lives we are not being “good” Vegans or perhaps not good enough in your view any way...
I'm an anarcho-primitivist, I don't want to tell people how they can live their lives I'm just telling people what I just found out.

I'm an anarcho-primitivist, I don't want to tell people how they can live their lives I'm just telling people what I just found out.
I can certainly relate. I remember being a much younger vegan, and learning of surprising aspects of food production. I wanted to tell everyone. What you may not realize is that we older vegans have heard these claims dozens of times before, but usually from non-vegans who were trying to defend meat-eating. It’s not your fault, but some of us have gotten tired of arguing these points over and over again. To you, these topics are new and interesting. To some of us, these topics are old and tiresome.