Parsley Provider
Reaction score
What do you put in sandwiches?

I have:
- jam
- peanut butter and banana
- chocolate spread
- fake meat with sauce and salad to hide the taste of the fake meat

And that's pretty much it. It isn't a very inspiring list so I have pretty much given up sandwiches, which used to be one of my favourite light meals.

I know these are popular amongst others, although not to my taste:
- hummus
- roasted vegetables

What are your favourite sandwiches? Any that aren't on the list?

One of my favorite sandwiches is hummus, lettuce & tomato.

I also make sandwiches out of falafel, sweet potato falafel, various veggie "burger" type patties etc.

I'm eating a quinoa/spinach burger right now.

^ That sounds good for a burger. Personally I'm not into hot sandwich fillings, I generally like to take sandwiches with me when I'll need to get lunch on-the-go.

My very favorite sandwich filling is mock tuna. I like it with sliced tomato and a bit of lettuce, if I have it.

Ooh recipe please?

^ That sounds good for a burger. Personally I'm not into hot sandwich fillings, I generally like to take sandwiches with me when I'll need to get lunch on-the-go.

Ooh recipe please?

I posted a mock tuna salad recipe in the recipe section - it's pretty decent.

I also like chickpeas lightly mashed with vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.

Avocado and tomato on a hearty bread makes a good sandwich.

Various vegan pates make great sandwich bases. Also, marinated and baked tofu, or fried tofu. (I like these better as cold sandwiches than as heated ones.

I don't like sandwiches but if I have then I have humous (usually piri piri flavour) with cucumber & lettuce. SO GOOD.

I posted a mock tuna salad recipe in the recipe section - it's pretty decent.

I also like chickpeas lightly mashed with vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.

:yes:

I like to make my mock tuna with mashed chickpeas, vegan mayo, diced red onion, diced dill pickle, a bit of yellow mustard, liquid aminos, and nutritional yeast.
Sometimes I also add a little bit of diced silken tofu, other times I leave that out.

Reactions: thefadedone
Spaghetti sandwiches. Leftover spaghetti between two slices of buttered toast and a dash of garlic salt.

I like tofu eggless salad sandwiches, BLTs with faux bacon, vegan creme cheeze layered with lots of spinach, tomato, and cucumber, falafel, minced olive mixed with Vegenaise, and most of the Tofurky deli sandwich slices I have tried are really good, and don't need their flavor drowned out with anything. I also especially like rye bread with caraway seeds or sourdough. And lots of pickles. Vegan creme cheeze is good with jam as a change from peanut butter too, and I also like peanut butter and agave nectar.

Make a grilled avocado sandwich fried in coconut oil, and you'll forget grilled cheese sandwiches ever existed!

Oh - I have never thought of grilling an avocado sandwich - I know what I will be having for supper tonight.

Have you thought about fruit fillings?

Thin slices of apple make a pb sandwich much more interesting.

^ Banana peanut butter and agave! Ive never tried apple and pb together before, this I must do.

Also if you feel super unhealthy, crisps make sandwiches better. ANY sandwich flavour goes with crisps! Yes I am 5. I was going to say hummus and roasted vegetable was my favourite but :(.

Spaghetti sandwiches. Leftover spaghetti between two slices of buttered toast and a dash of garlic salt.

I made these a lot when I was younger. I didn't use toast though, but cheap nutritionally void white bread.
I also ate a lot of potato chip sandwiches with mustard.

During the holidays I will make a big batch of cranberry sauce and use some of it as a sandwich spread. It's amazing in a sandwich with sliced roasted sweet potatoes or/and Tofurky slices.

Reactions: sallyomally
I agree that cranberry sauce is a great sandwich condiment.

I grew up on radish sandwiches - sliced radishes on homebaked rye bread spread with margarine. (We didn't have much money.) I still love radish sandwiches.

Reactions: sallyomally
Hummus, shredded carrot and baby spinich is good. We made piri piri chickpeas last night and have some left over so I'll mash the chickpeas with a bit of soy yogurt (I don't do fake mayo) and make a spread.