Vegan Sandwich Fillings

OMG, I love this thread!
tumblr_m603yp3qDi1qays9z.gif

Does anyone think falafel patties would be good in a sandwich? I've only ever had falafel in pita.

-creamy peanut butter
-peanut butter and banana
-I really like the hickory smoked tofurkey deli slices. I would do that and some cheese, mayo or vegenaise, some sort of leafy green. I haven't tried Daiya cheeses yet so I haven't made this sandwich in a long time.
-When I used to make my own sub sandwiches, I always liked adding pickles, and alfalfa sprouts.

Of course they would be good in a sandwich!

I make a vegan meatloaf, just to eat in sandwiches.

The chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon are also good cold, in a sandwich.

I like follow your heart vegan cheddar with tomato, lettuce, and vegan mayo (sometimes portabella mushrooms instead of the vegan cheddar or in addition to). Or peanut butter with banana. Or sauerkraut with mustard.

:no:

Unless is says you must on the tin. Peasepudding is eaten cold in sandwiches. I even have chunk on it on salad :D
Try it in a sandwich with a little salt and pepper and/or fakin ham. Its quite solid too so dont be scared to lob chunks/slices in rather than trying to spread it evenly.

Trust the Geordie ways! :dance:

I trust, I trust! and may have this for lunch today.

Falafel only works in sandwiches if it's really squashed flat. If not it all falls out (my experience).

edit: My Pease Pudding sandwich was gross. I tried it cold and it was gross, so tried putting my sandwich in a panini press. Slightly less gross. I tried covering it in sriracha and it made it just edible. It just tastes like flavourless mush and smells a bit like cat food. I dont trust geordie ways any more! hahaha.

Sometimes I like doing an Italian sub kind of thing with sliced mushrooms, olives, lettuce, red onion, avocado and Italian dressing on a toasted bun. It's my version of Quizno's :D

Reactions: Rosie1
Sometimes I like doing an Italian sub kind of thing with sliced mushrooms, olives, lettuce, red onion, avocado and Italian dressing on a toasted bun. It's my version of Quizno's :D
Oh, yes and fresh green pepper....

White bean paste mixed with some smoked tofu & dried tomatoes, fresh rucola (rocket?) and mustard in an olive ciabatta is one of my favourites.
Sometimes I feel an urgent need for peanut butter sandwiches with strawberry marmalade. A keystone of the vegan haute cuisine! :leer:

My latest favorite sandwich is genesis bread, spicy hummus, yellow bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, tomato slices, and baby spinach.

Reactions: Rosie1
It's one of those Food for Life breads.

It's pretty good, though a bit "earthy". I had been eating the Ezekiel English muffins, but I get more slices out of the loaves of bread so I've switched.

^ I want to try that now. I'd do it with brown sugar mmmmmm.

Today I had the most awesome sandwich. In sainsburys, you can buy roasted red peppers sliced in half and put in jars! I didnt realise this!! I thought roasted vegetables were something you had to bother making but apparently you can get them in jars. Why did I not know this?! So yeah I had a piri piri hummus, rocket and roasted red pepper sandwich. it was lush it was.