Vegan Sandwich Fillings

^ Banana peanut butter and agave! Ive never tried apple and pb together before, this I must do.

Also if you feel super unhealthy, crisps make sandwiches better. ANY sandwich flavour goes with crisps! Yes I am 5. I was going to say hummus and roasted vegetable was my favourite but :(.

Oh I forgot crisp sandwiches, I love those!

I grew up on radish sandwiches - sliced radishes on homebaked rye bread spread with margarine. (We didn't have much money.) I still love radish sandwiches.

I've never heard of that combo. It sounds interesting and different.

Cucumber sandwiches were a frequent meal also when I was young.

Seitan is good in sandwiches too. Seitan reubens:lick:

I had a crisp sandwich the other day, yum.

At the moment I'm having homemade vegan coleslaw and veggie burger sandwiches for work.

I'm going to bake some tofu and have it in a sandwich with lettuce, mustard and vegan mayo.:drool: I might have to make some vegan coleslaw too now, thanks to Francesca.:)

Reactions: Francesca_Bee
I might have to make some vegan coleslaw too now, thanks to Francesca.:)

I love the crunchy texture of coleslaw in a sandwich.

When I was growing up, we had tons of cucumber sandwiches, as well as tomato sandwiches. Always in the summer, when we were getting loads of both out of the garden.

:yes:I only wish that back then I knew wtf hummus was back then!

Chip butties. <3

Aside from those I don't really eat sandwiches, but vegan coleslaw sounds nice, I might try that. I also like sausages or bean burgers cut up with tomato sauce and salad in a wrap, and peanut butter and banana toasted sandwiches. Left over curry sometimes finds its way into wraps or toasted sandwiches too.

^ aw so good!

I like plain houmous and spinach on seeded brown bread.
'Ham' and mustard
'Ham' and peasepudding
Crisps
Marmalade
Peanutbutter and banana
Tomato and Brown sauce(thats tomato the veggie with brown sauce not both sauces)

Chip butties. <3

Aside from those I don't really eat sandwiches, but vegan coleslaw sounds nice, I might try that. I also like sausages or bean burgers cut up with tomato sauce and salad in a wrap, and peanut butter and banana toasted sandwiches. Left over curry sometimes finds its way into wraps or toasted sandwiches too.

You should defo give the coleslaw a whirl its really easy to make :D and gots to love the chip butties!!

^ aw so good!

I like plain houmous and spinach on seeded brown bread.
'Ham' and mustard
'Ham' and peasepudding
Crisps
Marmalade
Peanutbutter and banana
Tomato and Brown sauce(thats tomato the veggie with brown sauce not both sauces)

Peasepudding?

I posted a mock tuna salad recipe in the recipe section - it's pretty decent.

I also like chickpeas lightly mashed with vegan mayo, salt, pepper, and chopped green onions.

Avocado and tomato on a hearty bread makes a good sandwich.

Various vegan pates make great sandwich bases. Also, marinated and baked tofu, or fried tofu. (I like these better as cold sandwiches than as heated ones.

Ditto at the bolded. I have this for my work lunch almost daily. I usually put in a bit of dill and some cumin, but not always.

Sometimes I get Yves lunch "meats" or Tofurky. I know Tofurky isn't available in the UK though. I'm not sure about Yves.

We sometimes do chip butties here (I bet there aren't many other Canadians that do that. :p ), but one thing I absolutely loved in Scotland, and I miss it dearly, is the fritter rolls they served at a chippy near my husband's flat!

I have a can of pease pudding in my cupboard (my mum bought it for me for some reason). I havent eaten it as I have noooo idea what to do with it.

Maybe I will put it in a sandwich then! Its heated up first right?

^ I love them all. I sometimes use curry leftovers and put that in a sandwich/ wrap with some cucumber and mango chutney.

:ttth:

Meanie. :p So maybe I should say I don't like them MUCH. I'd rarely choose to have one.

Last week I had LM sausages on brown bread with onions & salsa & that was really tasty.

I have a can of pease pudding in my cupboard (my mum bought it for me for some reason). I havent eaten it as I have noooo idea what to do with it.

Maybe I will put it in a sandwich then! Its heated up first right?

:no:

Unless is says you must on the tin. Peasepudding is eaten cold in sandwiches. I even have chunk on it on salad :D
Try it in a sandwich with a little salt and pepper and/or fakin ham. Its quite solid too so dont be scared to lob chunks/slices in rather than trying to spread it evenly.

Trust the Geordie ways! :dance: