US Vegan Häagen-Dazs ice cream just in time for July 4th!

IMO, the best tasting, creamiest, non dairy ice creams are the ones made with soy milk. They are becoming harder to find, probably because of the popularity of the coconut/Almond milk varieties and the fact that more people are probably sensitive to soy. The cashew milk is a close second and maybe even equal to, at this point. I'm grateful it's becoming more easily available since I can't find the soy.

Reactions: Amy SF
IMO, the best tasting, creamiest, non dairy ice creams are the ones made with soy milk. They are becoming harder to find, probably because of the popularity of the coconut/Almond milk varieties and the fact that more people are probably sensitive to soy. The cashew milk is a close second and maybe even equal to, at this point. I'm grateful it's becoming more easily available since I can't find the soy.

I also agree that the best ones are made with soya or cashew milk. The tastiest ones that I've ever tasted are the UK non dairy ice creams. Moreover they are far cheaper than the US ones.

I agree about the coconut ice cream. I once tried the Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge made with coconut milk because I couldn't find the soy version, and didn't like it as much. I thought the coconut flavor was too overpowering. I suppose someone who really, really likes coconut would like it, but not me.
I'm not a big fan of the coconut milk ice creams, either. I much prefer soy, almond or cashew milk ice cream. I don't buy it that much anyway because I find the prices offensive for such a small amount of ice cream. I will splurge if it's on sale or I have a coupon. And I did try out the Ben & Jerry's when they became available, but I haven't bought any in a few months. Again, too pricey. I make a banana-nut butter ice cream that's pretty good.