US Vegan Häagen-Dazs ice cream just in time for July 4th!

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This is only available in the US so far, AFAIK:
Instead of dairy, each pot is made from ingredients such as coconut cream, sugar and soy.

The ice cream vendor has oh-so quietly released the flavours into shops in the US; Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Salted Fudge Truffle, Mocha Chocolate Cookie and Coconut Caramel.
More: You can now buy dairy-free Häagen-Dazs ice cream (July 3rd 2017)

So now you can wave your flag and eat 'regular' ice cream without feeling like a freak :)

They have them at Target. I tried the chocolate salted fudge truffle and the coconut caramel.

I liked the chocolate one of course. Who wouldn't love chocolate (ice cream), followed by more chocolate (truffles), and topped off with even more chocolate (salted fudge ribbon). I think the only thing that would have made this one better would have been if they threw some chocolate brownie pieces in it. :D If you're not a big chocolate fan, this one will be way too rich for you.

The Coconut caramel was okay, the caramel flavor needs some improvement. The cashew milk salted caramel cluster has this one beat by a mile.

Reactions: KLS52
They have them at Target. I tried the chocolate salted fudge truffle and the coconut caramel.

I liked the chocolate one of course. Who wouldn't love chocolate (ice cream), followed by more chocolate (truffles), and topped off with even more chocolate (salted fudge ribbon). I think the only thing that would have made this one better would have been if they threw some chocolate brownie pieces in it. :D If you're not a big chocolate fan, this one will be way too rich for you.

The Coconut caramel was okay, the caramel flavor needs some improvement. The cashew milk salted caramel cluster has this one beat by a mile.

Was that at a "regular" Target or a "super" Target? We don't go to Target very often as it is not that convenient and the "super" one is even more of a pain to get to.

I am always looking for vegan ice cream. I made some myself with coconut cream and it was great but it also took a lot of time and effort to make it. Häagen Dasz is a bit on the pricier side though so if anyone has any suggestions for cheaper vegan ice creams lemme know!

I am always looking for vegan ice cream. I made some myself with coconut cream and it was great but it also took a lot of time and effort to make it. Häagen Dasz is a bit on the pricier side though so if anyone has any suggestions for cheaper vegan ice creams lemme know!

The price is a big issue for us! We really can only afford to get the non-dairy ice cream when it is on sale like buy one get one free or I have a coupon.

It's funny because I love chocolate, in general, yet not necessarily when it comes to ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I eat chocolate ice cream. It's just my least favorite and I really have to be in the mood for it. My favorite is just plain vanilla which is hard to find in non dairy. The cashew milk is my go to treat. The other vanilla varieties are bland, IMO. So I always go with salted caramel or a peanut butter/coffee/fudge flavor. I don't get the snicker doodle at all. Cinnamon does not belong in ice cream. It was made for cinnamon rolls, and to smell nice at Christmas, lol.

Was that at a "regular" Target or a "super" Target? We don't go to Target very often as it is not that convenient and the "super" one is even more of a pain to get to.
I'm not sure, I tried to look it up but didn't find anything. I assume it's a supertarget since it has a grocery store in it. I called and asked if they had it before going. You could call the ones in your area and see if they have it.

I'm not sure, I tried to look it up but didn't find anything. I assume it's a supertarget since it has a grocery store in it. I called and asked if they had it before going. You could call the ones in your area and see if they have it.

Thanks. Yeah I guess calling would be the best thing to do. The "regular" Target in Orange City (closest to us) has some groceries and frozen foods but does not have the deli and bakery that the "super" Target has. Often the new foods are only at the super version.

The price is a big issue for us! We really can only afford to get the non-dairy ice cream when it is on sale like buy one get one free or I have a coupon.

I only get it on sale as well, except if it's been a beyond horrible, I don't care about anything day, then I splurge and later regret it. :p

It's funny because I love chocolate, in general, yet not necessarily when it comes to ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I eat chocolate ice cream. It's just my least favorite and I really have to be in the mood for it. My favorite is just plain vanilla which is hard to find in non dairy. The cashew milk is my go to treat. The other vanilla varieties are bland, IMO. So I always go with salted caramel or a peanut butter/coffee/fudge flavor. I don't get the snicker doodle at all. Cinnamon does not belong in ice cream. It was made for cinnamon rolls, and to smell nice at Christmas, lol.

I felt the same way until my roommate raved about it so I had to try it. It was surprisingly delicious. Usually I prefer chocolate though, but it's not bad if you're craving ice cream and it's the only thing around. The cookie dough chunks are what make it worth eating.

I only get it on sale as well, except if it's been a beyond horrible, I don't care about anything day, then I splurge and later regret it. :p

I felt the same way until my roommate raved about it so I had to try it. It was surprisingly delicious. Usually I prefer chocolate though, but it's not bad if you're craving ice cream and it's the only thing around. The cookie dough chunks are what make it worth eating.
truth :)

Not ice cream, but if you want chocolate look for Pierres dark chocolate sorbet. Like a tub of fudgesicle! All their sorbets are vegan

It's funny because I love chocolate, in general, yet not necessarily when it comes to ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I eat chocolate ice cream. It's just my least favorite and I really have to be in the mood for it. My favorite is just plain vanilla which is hard to find in non dairy. Christmas, lol.

Snap ! I absolutely love chocolate but not in ice cream. There is something about the coldness ( can't find the exact word ha ha !) that takes off the edge of the lovely chocolate flavour. IMHO there is nothing better than lovely vanilla for ice cream to be one of the most perfect foods ! I just add my own toppings when in the mood and it works out far cheaper.

Same here. I can't justify forking out so a huge sum for a small container of ice cream.

Moreover when I'm in the UK ( as we don't get non dairy ice cream over here) there is quite a huge choice of even better tasting non dairy ice cream on the market. The best one that I've ever tasted is ALPRO which is only £2.20 when it's on SO which is virtually in every supermarket.

I think that both B&J's and HD know how to market their products better and offer a wider range of flavours which make them more popular. However, if you were to do a blind fold test, I think that the cheaper ice creams would be the winners.

Reactions: Freesia
I have had really wonderful chocolate ice cream but they seem to have to really up the flavour to make it shine though... otherwise it tastes plain.

There are some nice ice creams here made of coconut milk but I have never bought them as they are expensive.

I wish Breyers made more flavor choices, theirs is inexpensive and the packages are large. I've had a tub of their Oreo cookies and creme in my freezer forever. It tastes fine, it's just a little too plain for me. I'm not a vanilla fan unless it's filled with things like caramel and/or brownie pieces and/or chocolate covered almonds, or other yummy stuff like that. Some Oreo pieces just isn't going to make the cut. :D

I totally agree with the flavors! I would love a strong coffee with fudge swirl.
I really dislike coconut ice cream-all of them! No peanut butter either

I totally agree with the flavors! I would love a strong coffee with fudge swirl.
I really dislike coconut ice cream-all of them! No peanut butter either

I agree about the coconut ice cream. I once tried the Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Mocha Almond Fudge made with coconut milk because I couldn't find the soy version, and didn't like it as much. I thought the coconut flavor was too overpowering. I suppose someone who really, really likes coconut would like it, but not me.