laurenp1

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am going on holiday to Turkey next week, staying in the Gumbet area. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any vegan or vegetarian restaurants there or anywhere that serves vegan food in general.
Thank you!

HannahBanana

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi there!

I came back from my holiday in Turkey last week, I was staying near Bodrum. It was my first time going as a vegan and I was slightly worried however it wasn't a problem at all. From what I saw of Turkey there were no vegan or even vegetarian restaurants but everywhere will accommodate you if you tell them that you don't eat any animal products . Honestly the Turkish people are SO helpful and lovely! I carried around a Turkish book with a bookmark in the special diets section which I used when i needed to explain that I was vegan. I often had salads, veg pizza without cheese, veg casseroles and stews, veg pasta dishes ect. They also serve lentil soup pretty much everywhere which is vegan too. I even found some alpro almond milk in the supermarket which I took back to the villa to make morning porridge with!

Hope this helps XXX

Reactions: Maryloublue