Vegan Aldi

1633499748721.png

Cookies

Price:
99p for a box of 8

These cookies come in flapjack and chocolate flavours. We started with the chocolate cookies and they are absolute game changers! I’m not quite sure how to explain this but when opening the packet, they smelled exactly like those really fancy chocolate cookies my mum used to buy around Christmas time or that people would buy for their teachers at the end of the school year. I think that might be a rather niche reference but what I’m trying to say is, they smell like the real deal! They taste amazing as well – they are proper chocolatey and have a good amount of crunch without being super hard but they definitely aren’t soft cookies. Honestly, cannot recommend these enough for the price! The flapjack ones are also really nice and worth buying; usually I am a chocolate cookie gal through and through so that is pretty high praise!
budgetveganbees.wordpress.com

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Guess what? I WENT TO ALDI’s TODAY!! 😁
Again, I was not impressed. However…it was a last minute thing. My new neighbor friend invited me and I did not have time to look through this thread and make a list. So I didn’t know what to look for. I didn’t see any vegan cheese. Or much vegan anything. I did buy vegan chicken fingers which were gross. Vegan breakfast sausages that were meh. And a veggie burger which tastes similar to dr. Praeger. It’s very green lol. But on a bun with stuff it will be ok but I won’t buy again. I wasn’t looking for fresh produce but it all looked very good. But I had already done local shopping and didn’t need anything. I will definitely try again when my neighbor goes back. I’ll bring a list next time.

Definitely didn’t see that ice cream or those cookies and I was down those aisles.

Guess what? I WENT TO ALDI’s TODAY!! 😁
Again, I was not impressed. However…it was a last minute thing. My new neighbor friend invited me and I did not have time to look through this thread and make a list. So I didn’t know what to look for. I didn’t see any vegan cheese. Or much vegan anything. I did buy vegan chicken fingers which were gross. Vegan breakfast sausages that were meh. And a veggie burger which tastes similar to dr. Praeger. It’s very green lol. But on a bun with stuff it will be ok but I won’t buy again. I wasn’t looking for fresh produce but it all looked very good. But I had already done local shopping and didn’t need anything. I will definitely try again when my neighbor goes back. I’ll bring a list next time.
One, Aldis are different from one another. Two, it took me a while to get used to what they have, and their specials
The vegan chicken strips, nuggets, and I think now even the patties (haven't gotten in some time- I prefer others) are not good.Weird stringy texture. They used to be good!
We have an assortment of Earth Grown Vegan patties, from veggie burgers, black bean, quinoa (yuck!) and Soy protein. I've never seen vegan breakfast sausage, only vegetarian with eggs. There's Earth Grown Vegan, and then just Earth Grown.
The only vegan cheese now is mozz and not very good,but ok for some things
I love Aldi because I know it. My list is written from the entrance to the line. I have a list that doesn't change so I just scan it and see what I need. It's always quick, the checkouts are fast no matter how busy. People are soooo nice there! I hate Giant Eagle so much!
One time they had a glich that shut down the registers. THere were kids in line and they started singing and dancing, and everyone encouraged them! Waiting turned into a fun time.
It's different from other stores. It takes getting familiar with

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Here's what I buy at my Aldi--( ) are for things I don't buy but acknowledge-
Raw organic cashews. Dried cranberries for salad(raw or roasted sunflower seeds, other nuts and dried fruit)
Sea salt microwave popcorn. Tortilla chips. Sea salt pita crackers
Salsas. Fat free refried beans
Simply Nature marinara or basil garlic are very good organic pasta sauces! Priano marinara is sweeter.
Variety of pastas, including whole grain organic (and edamame and other bean type) Taco shells
Seedtastic or Graintastic whole grain thin sliced bread. Sub buns, pitas, whole wheat tortillas,flatbread for pizza
The big box of spring mix. Medjool dates. Mushrooms. Produce as needed, gotta watch for by the pound or the item
Different kinds of jarred olives. Lots of vegan salad dressings- I like balsamic. Vinegars, variety of oils, jarred peppers, artichokes
Oatmilk. sometimes chocolate almond which I love in cold coffee, but hard to finish the half gallon. Sometimes they'll have cashew milk which is awesome
Loads of canned conventional and organic canned beans. Dried beans are black, great northern, pinto 2 lb bags for $1.69. Sometimes they have other types. All kinds of rice, quinoa, flaxseeds, chia. I get 4 lb bags of Jasmine
Coffees!!! I buy German blend, Sumatra, Guatamalan, Columbian and mix.They're fair trade, and also have whole beans
Moser Roth dark chocolate bars
Look at granola. Some cereals are vegan
(Hummus). Crescent rolls., Tofu
Frozen veggies including organic.Frozen broccoli is the best. Frozen Asian blend veggies-not the steamed bag, but the big one with teriyaki sauce packet. Hash brown patties- pretty big pack though! The meatless meatballs are the best. I like Classic, but the Italian have oregano
Always check the online ad for their specials

Right now Wicked Grove hard cider Cranberry is a special and super good! It's not sweet, but just right

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
@silva thanks for the very comprehensive info!
This Aldi was better than the one I went to where I used to live.
You have me wondering about the sausage now…I have to double check the ingredients! The box /brand was just like td other two items I don’t think it occurred to me to check!
I remember you posting a picture of the jarred olives. I definitely want to look for those next time.
The store was not crowded at all but they only had one register open so the checkout line was backed up. Thankfully they called another cashier to open after not too long.

I did notice a lot of the shelves and frozen sections were not fully stocked. Some shelves were empty.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
@silva thanks for the very comprehensive info!
This Aldi was better than the one I went to where I used to live.
You have me wondering about the sausage now…I have to double check the ingredients! The box /brand was just like td other two items I don’t think it occurred to me to check!
I remember you posting a picture of the jarred olives. I definitely want to look for those next time.
The store was not crowded at all but they only had one register open so the checkout line was backed up. Thankfully they called another cashier to open after not too long.
If you mean that big jar of mixed with peppers and garlics and uh.....capers, that was a Christmas special. Last years jar was super salty!
They do have good kalamatas, and green olives plain and garlic stuffed, as well as usual cheap pimento little ones.
I've never seen a line that didn't quickly move, the product codes are so large they're easy to swipe

Forgot the cookies- a few are vegan. They have frozen pie crusts, two in a pack,vegan. Ooo..fresh apple pies are good :yum

I don't recall if they have decaf or not?

I think this Aldi was near Target/Walmart where my daughter goes. I can probably guilt her into taking me there again next time she goes to target/Walmart.

Here's what I buy at my Aldi--( ) are for things I don't buy but acknowledge-
Raw organic cashews. Dried cranberries for salad(raw or roasted sunflower seeds, other nuts and dried fruit)
Sea salt microwave popcorn. Tortilla chips. Sea salt pita crackers
Salsas. Fat free refried beans
Simply Nature marinara or basil garlic are very good organic pasta sauces! Priano marinara is sweeter.
Variety of pastas, including whole grain organic (and edamame and other bean type) Taco shells
Seedtastic or Graintastic whole grain thin sliced bread. Sub buns, pitas, whole wheat tortillas,flatbread for pizza
The big box of spring mix. Medjool dates. Mushrooms. Produce as needed, gotta watch for by the pound or the item
Different kinds of jarred olives. Lots of vegan salad dressings- I like balsamic. Vinegars, variety of oils, jarred peppers, artichokes
Oatmilk. sometimes chocolate almond which I love in cold coffee, but hard to finish the half gallon. Sometimes they'll have cashew milk which is awesome
Loads of canned conventional and organic canned beans. Dried beans are black, great northern, pinto 2 lb bags for $1.69. Sometimes they have other types. All kinds of rice, quinoa, flaxseeds, chia. I get 4 lb bags of Jasmine
Coffees!!! I buy German blend, Sumatra, Guatamalan, Columbian and mix.They're fair trade, and also have whole beans
Moser Roth dark chocolate bars
Look at granola. Some cereals are vegan
(Hummus). Crescent rolls., Tofu
Frozen veggies including organic.Frozen broccoli is the best. Frozen Asian blend veggies-not the steamed bag, but the big one with teriyaki sauce packet. Hash brown patties- pretty big pack though! The meatless meatballs are the best. I like Classic, but the Italian have oregano
Always check the online ad for their specials

Right now Wicked Grove hard cider Cranberry is a special and super good! It's not sweet, but just right
My Aldi has had no coffee for months, only some canned stuff. I miss all the different varieties.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: silva and KLS52
My Aldi has had no coffee for months, only some canned stuff. I miss all the different varieties.
Oh no! We're having low stock on various things, no Moser Roth chocolates, low paper products, no deli pizzas, snack aisle random spots, specials appearing after the ad.
I will definitely stock up next trip. I routinely get Sumatra, Columbian, Guatemalan, and German blend
I did notice they only have one decaf in K cups

Oh no! We're having low stock on various things, no Moser Roth chocolates, low paper products, no deli pizzas, snack aisle random spots, specials appearing after the ad.
I will definitely stock up next trip. I routinely get Sumatra, Columbian, Guatemalan, and German blend
It was really weird. I was regularly buying coffee there, and then one time, it was just all gone, except for some canned coffee, and the cans were huge.

I've noticed a lot of other shortages/changes/price hikes. They had no chickenless anything in the frozen section. I was able to get the soy burgers (flame-grilled) and the classic meatless balls. They had some other veggie burgers that I don't care for, but that part of the freezer was nearly empty. Also, no paper products, including toilet paper and paper towels. There were a few small boxes of Kleenex, but they were treated with aloe or something, and I like the ones that have no scents or lotions. There is a new Aldi that's in another town, but it's about the same distance from the one I usually go to, so I may check that out for the next trip.

Here's some of what I usually get there:
Canned chickpeas, jackfruit, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, white beans, cranberry sauce
Roasted nuts with salt
Saltines (they were out of these on my last trip. The sign was there, but there was nothing left).
Sourdough bread
Peanut butter, jelly
Dried cranberries, raisins
Various produce (mostly grapes, broccoli, lemons, baby spinach, bagged kale, Brussels sprouts, iceberg lettuce, potatoes (sometimes), celery, carrots, onions, plantains, oranges -- and I got fresh cranberries on the last trip)
Potato chips, tortilla chips, mini twist pretzels (these have all gone up at least $1 each! They all used to be under $1 each)
Salsa, dill pickles, green olives, banana pepper rings, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, organic ketchup, sweet relish, some spices (the more common ones like oregano and chili powder)
Rice
Dried beans (mostly black beans and kidney beans)
Almond milk
Vegan mozzarella
Veggie burgers, chickenless patties and tenders, soy burger (flame-grilled), meatless balls (classic style),
Frozen blueberries
Vegan ice cream (when they have it, which is rare)

• Informative
I don't think I've ever seen the Moser Roth chocolates. All the chocolate bars I've seen have dairy in them. :(

• Wow
Reactions: silva
I don't think I've ever seen the Moser Roth chocolates. All the chocolate bars I've seen have dairy in them. :(
We always have two plain % dark, orange almond, sea salt ( :up: ) mint, chili. Well, not much lately...

1635841884389.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
And these in the baking aisle- gotta get the dark ones, semi have dairy---
1635841973074.png

• Informative
My neighbor went to Aldi yesterday. She invited me but I declined because I can’t trust her with covid. She tested positive on Wednesday and was out and about three days later. She’s so bad with doing the right thing. I did not want to ride in the car with her. And she’s an anti masker. I really wanted to go too.