News US Republican candidates 2016 discussion

It happened a while before that. What happened under Johnson was that the South, which had been Democratic ( as a leftover of the hatred of Lincoln, I suppose), turned Republican because of Johnson's drive toward civil rights. Johnson pushed the Civil Rights Act through even though he knew full well that it would cost the Democrats the South for at least a generation. But well before that, the Republicans were already known as the party of big business, and the Democrats were the ones promoting social programs. (Circa 1960, my father explained the difference between the parties to me this way: "The Republicans care about money, and the Democrats care about people."

Yes, in the 1930s, Democrat FDR was the people's president.

ETA- Ironically, it was FDR's uncle Teddy- a Republican- who had fought vigorously as president against the power of the big banks. Apparently, somewhere between the two Roosevelt presidencies- sometime between 1909 and 1933- is when the two parties exchanged political philosophies.

Last edited:
12804645_982361621799854_5086648412392406359_n.jpg

From .... This Church Billboard Perfectly Explains Why Trump is No Christian

If anyone is bored, can you hook me up with an easily understandable link that says what Trumps issues are with regard to the big ticket stuff like minorities and women's rights, etc. I will be having a discussion with a family member next week and I need real reasons why Trump is not the one to vote for. I've been googling but my head is spinning.

If you're really bored, feel free to bullet a few points, yourself, below. But it has to be serious stuff, no joking around. This family member believes Trump is going to "make our country great again". I need ammunition. Thank you, in advance!

If anyone is bored, can you hook me up with an easily understandable link that says what Trumps issues are with regard to the big ticket stuff like minorities and women's rights, etc. I will be having a discussion with a family member next week and I need real reasons why Trump is not the one to vote for. I've been googling but my head is spinning.

If you're really bored, feel free to bullet a few points, yourself, below. But it has to be serious stuff, no joking around. This family member believes Trump is going to "make our country great again". I need ammunition. Thank you, in advance!
Donald Trump on the Issues

Reactions: KLS52
The Old Guard at the GOP is trying to save the party from blowing up -
"For the Republicans, the lurch into personal territory normally off limits in campaigns came as an anti-Trump super political action committee ran an ad in primary states that features women reciting derogatory comments made by the billionaire about women. The ad was produced by Our Principles, a group founded by a former Mitt Romney campaign adviser who is trying to help the Republican Party appeal to more women."
Ted Cruz brands Donald Trump a 'coward' amid feud over their wives
The sparring comes as Mr. Trump is facing renewed scrutiny for his attitudes toward women, with an anti-Trump Super PAC, Our Principles PAC, running an ad in which actresses repeat some of his more pointed insults of women and comments about their appearance.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...onald-trump-to-leave-his-wife-the-hell-alone/

I shouldn't really be shocked by DT at this point, but even I support Ted Cruz with the thing about his wife. It really is a circus.

Ugh, Trump supporters are planning a rally here. It's not a huge surprise though since this is a large white supremacist/anti immigrant area. It's amusing listening to them though. They think Trump is going to hear about the rally and jump in his jet and fly here to surprise his ring kissing minions. :rolleyes:

It's all abysmal, from the pro-Cruz PAC using the naked photo of Melania to turn Mormons away from Trump, to Trump re-tweeting the Heidi Cruz/Melania photos, to Trump's comments about Heidi Cruz's breakdown. Just disgusting behavior all around.