News US Republican candidates 2016 discussion

Something I saw today ... :D

5c006e2853f634542ebb91c3a4ff3bd6.jpg

How exactly is it sexist to suggest that presidential candidates should be judged on their actions instead of their gender?
Because the picture is not a nice one?

If you say the allegations are grotesquely unfounded, we can take it from there...

Agree on that one, but, as this is coming from a Sanders fan who posted it on Facebook, I guess age is not the major factor :D

While all three potential candidates (Clinton, Sanders, Trump) are more or less around 70, Sanders is - and looks - a bit older.

Sadly I know some Bernie supporters that are saying if Bernie doesn't get the nomination they will vote for Trump just to spite Hilary. How they can flip from Bernie, to a polar opposite like Trump makes it hard to take them seriously ever again... They're ******* stupid... I mean really, how can people seriously even ******* consider that?

Still glad it's Trump and not Cruz.

Reactions: Amy SF
As I mentioned earlier, I have a colleague from the US, who says of himself that he is rather conservative, while still being the most liberal member of his family. He told me he does not care much about the election, however, if Hillary gets nominated by the Democrats, "he just might go out to vote for Trump".

Yes, and I know someone personally who believes in chem trails.

Reactions: Amy SF
Sadly I know some Bernie supporters that are saying if Bernie doesn't get the nomination they will vote for Trump just to spite Hilary. How they can flip from Bernie, to a polar opposite like Trump makes it hard to take them seriously ever again... They're ****ing stupid... I mean really, how can people seriously even ****ing consider that?

There's a type of Bernie supporter that seems to live in an echo chamber.

Something I saw today ... :D

5c006e2853f634542ebb91c3a4ff3bd6.jpg

You know, I'd like to see a detailed explanation of just how Hillary Clinton is "corrupt" and a "habitual liar".

And yeah, saying "almost 70 year old" as though that's a disqualifier is really rich, coming from Bernie supporters. As I said, it's an echo chamber, where a certain type of Bernie supporter doesn't seem to have the capacity to recognize how ridiculous they are being.

September 8, 1941
October 26, 1947
June 14, 1946

Three birth dates. And the one who is being attacked for being old is guess which one?!

Pathetic.

You know, I'd like to see a detailed explanation of just how Hillary Clinton is "corrupt" and a "habitual liar".

And yeah, saying "almost 70 year old" as though that's a disqualifier is really rich, coming from Bernie supporters. As I said, it's an echo chamber, where a certain type of Bernie supporter doesn't seem to have the capacity to recognize how ridiculous they are being.

That's true; a lot of "Bernie Bro's" are more like Trump supporters than the typical Democrat. They don't seem to mind the idea of switching from a candidate representing one party to a candidate representing another party. They're like the "Reagan Democrats" from 30+ years ago. Also, don't forget, Bernie Sanders is only RUNNING as a Democrat, but when he's in the Senate doing legislative stuff, he's an independent, which, I'm sure, has a lot of appeal to disaffected Americans, especially the younger generations, who have no real love for or loyalty to either party (seeing both parties as corrupt and beholden to corporate America and the 1%), unlike their elders, who grew up more trusting of both parties. There was a time in the 20th century when political party machines actually helped Americans in certain communities. This was especially true of the Democrats, who made great strides in helping immigrants and their families with jobs, money, and basically staying alive. That's why the Democratic Party has long had an association with labor unions; because immigrants and the poor and working class were union members and voted Democratic because that was the party of their best interests.

A little history lesson for those of you unfamiliar with some of the details of American history. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Calliegirl