News US Republican candidates 2016 discussion

Sadly I know some Bernie supporters that are saying if Bernie doesn't get the nomination they will vote for Trump just to spite Hilary. How they can flip from Bernie, to a polar opposite like Trump makes it hard to take them seriously ever again... They're ****ing stupid... I mean really, how can people seriously even ****ing consider that?

I know, talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.:D

Yeah... I don't like Hillary, but I absolutely will vote for her if Bernie doesn't get the nomination (which, realistically, is probably not going to happen, despite a damn good fight).

The idea that a Republican is somehow preferable to Hillary Clinton is laughable and self-destructive, regardless of any issues you might have with her.

... but for male voters, he at least barely beat cockroaches and hemorrhoids. :D

And I agree, Hillary will likely be a better choice for president than lice, the DMV or root canal (which are some of the other things seen as preferable to Trump).

Looking at her politics, however, I would just consider it more honest if she would label herself as a moderate Republican instead of a Democrat ;).

From the article:

"Be full of faith and so full of joy that this team was chosen to fight a long battle," Heidi Cruz said. "Think that slavery -- it took 25 years to defeat slavery. That is a lot longer than four years. ... We're going to keep moving forward."

What surprises me most, to tell the truth, is to hear that there are people in the Cruz camp who actually think - like normal people - that the abolition of slavery was a good thing. There might still be some hope.

The republicans just need to come to an agreement with him that they make the decisions, and he can turn them into whatever type of speeches he likes, if he is elected.....sort of the tail wagging the dog.

Something I saw today ... :D

5c006e2853f634542ebb91c3a4ff3bd6.jpg

I've really been trying to ignore most of the stuff about DT recently but I saw something the other day about the misogynistic and ageist thing Andy T posted on here during the election race.

The person on the American forum I'm on said he was a Bernie fan but he really regrets all the anti-HC stuff he posted during the race and he feels terrible about the result now. He really did get a very strong response. :eek:

I don't blame them for venting!:D I keep thinking would Ted Cruz have been worse?o_O

Ted Cruz would have had similar policies, but he wouldn't have been such a loose cannon.

Cruz has what I would describe as even worse policies than the Cheeto King, because as hysterically disgusting as Trump is, he doesn't really have any set political ideology other than this weird loose jingoism and xenophobia. Cruz is smart (even though he acts like some kind of strange extradimensional visitor), and would dedicate his administration to returning us to a pre-1950s state whilst knowing how to do that.

The only benefits I can think of for a Cruz presidency versus this hot mess are 1) what Spang said and 2) the fact that for some reason, even though he's exactly like them in most ways, seemingly every important Republican just hates Cruz's guts and would fight him on anything.

The person on the American forum I'm on said he was a Bernie fan but he really regrets all the anti-HC stuff he posted during the race and he feels terrible about the result now. He really did get a very strong response. :eek:

I certainly don't feel anything like that!!!
If anything, then Hilary (together with the DNC) is one of the worst culprits responsible for the current mess.

And I certainly do not think that it is misogynistic to point out that a horrible female candidate should not be selected over a good male candidate because she is a woman. I would have campaigned for Elizabeth Warren any day :)

And I think that many more white women (and men, and persons of colour) would have voted for Bernie Sanders than did vote for Hilary.

The only benefits I can think of for a Cruz presidency versus this hot mess are 1) what Spang said and 2) the fact that for some reason, even though he's exactly like them in most ways, seemingly every important Republican just hates Cruz's guts and would fight him on anything.

So true, I have read that he is a very difficult person to like. It's amazing that he has got so far in politics.:confused:

I tried to ask if Republican people feel like they should have been behind Ted Cruz instead of DT and I got a few responses. I checked back today and the whole thread had been shut down and closed. I assume people are still very angry over there. I feel like I can't even ask a simple question without people erupting in anger!:|

I certainly don't feel anything like that!!!
If anything, then Hilary (together with the DNC) is one of the worst culprits responsible for the current mess.

And I certainly do not think that it is misogynistic to point out that a horrible female candidate should not be selected over a good male candidate because she is a woman. I would have campaigned for Elizabeth Warren any day :)

And I think that many more white women (and men, and persons of colour) would have voted for Bernie Sanders than did vote for Hilary.

It's Hillary Clinton. How would you have campaigned for EW anyway? I thought you live in Germany?

So true, I have read that he is a very difficult person to like. It's amazing that he has got so far in politics.:confused:

I tried to ask if Republican people feel like they should have been behind Ted Cruz instead of DT and I got a few responses. I checked back today and the whole thread had been shut down and closed. I assume people are still very angry over there. I feel like I can't even ask a simple question without people erupting in anger!:|

It's Hillary Clinton. How would you have campaigned for EW anyway? I thought you live in Germany?
It used to be that people in the US could debate politics with those who have different opinions, and listen to speeches from those with whom they disagree without shouting, violence, name-calling, and labelling. Those days are gone, at least lately.

It is one giant cringe-fest.

You're very definitely wrong about persons of color. African Americans, for the most part, do not trust Bernie.

Interesting tidbit: In a poll taken about a month or two ago, an unnamed Democrat beat dt handily in a projected 2020 election, but dt beat Elizabeth Warren handily. That means (a) Americans prefer dt over a progressive, 0r (b) misogyny plays a powerful role, or (c) both (a) and (b).

Please excuse my political awkwardness of US politics .....the only threads I read about the whole scene over there are on VV , but who is the leader of the Democrats ? .

Maybe they haven't elected one yet ? .