Trader Joe's

My favorite thing to do is marinate in liquid smoke, brown sugar & thyme water and simmer for reubens
I have rye bread and a small can of sauerkraut--seems a good idea!

I like the sound of bac'n bits

Reactions: PTree15
Canada is trying to entice either Aldi or Trader Joe's to come to open up stores here - if you had a preference, which would it be?

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
For me it would be Aldi--but--Aldi does seem to vary regionally, in both what is regularly stocked, and the quality of produce. I like that they're limited with all the regular things I need. We have good choices and prices of fresh organics (and medjool dates!), canned and dried beans and lentils, grains, quinoa, large selection of frozen veg, tofu, non dairy milks, best pasta and sauces, even breads and nuts and dried fruit

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I've never been to an Aldis. I guess they are not West Coast.

There are 103 in CA. In Southern California there is virtually one in every big town.

I would choose Trader Joe over Aldi, although they're not all the same. The one in Danbury was amazing but the one I have near me now, since I moved, is awful.

Aldi is good though. We have a new one but I haven't been back there in several months...probably a year even.

There are 103 in CA. In Southern California there is virtually one in every big town.

oh, my. but there is not one within 30 miles of me.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I was wrong, Trader Joe's does not seem to be in the running - Aldi is likely number one and Lidl number 2 - here is the whole list that are possibilites:

• From France: Les Mousquetaires
  • From Germany: Aldi, Lidl, Edeka Group, and Rewe Group
  • From Netherlands: X5 Retail Group
  • From Norway: Reitangruppen
  • From Portugal: Jerónimo Martins
  • From Spain: Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación, and Mercadona
  • From Turkey: BIM Birlesik Magazalar
  • From the U.S.: Holding
Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52